For those of you guys that had your pubic hair permanently removed, do you have any regrets?

I finally decided to go for it and buy an IPL hair remover from Amazon to permanently remove my pubic hair. I always shave it, but it grows back so fast and gets stubbly within a day. So I want that hair gone for good. I just received the IPL device today and before I start zapping away at my pubic area, I want to be sure that I won't regret it later. I, personally, really want the hair gone for good; that is my personal preference. I like the way it looks and feels and I hate the way pubic hair looks and feels on me. So getting rid of it seems like a no brainer decision. However, I'm mostly worried about what other people will think. Will girls think it's weird? If I shower at a men's locker room, would they think it's weird? If I visit the doctor, will he think it's weird and/or say anything?

All those questions are running through my head. So it really all comes down to worrying about what other people will think of it. I could personally love my bald pubic area, but if the rest of the world is going to think it's weird, I don't think I would be too happy about that.

So for those of you guys out there that did it and got their pubes removed permanently, whether it be laser, IPL or electrolysis, please tell me.... do you have any regrets? Does anyone say negative things or poke fun at you for it?

This topic was edited
RE:For those of you guys that had your pubic hair permanently removed, do you have any regrets?

The shaved look is more popular than ever right now. I don't think you have anything to worry about. It will take many sessions to get nearly hairless. You may not notice any change until after 3-4 sessions, at which time it will be more of a thinning. You may find your happy spot at that time.

Even after many more sessions, there will still be hair growth, it will just be a lot slower and a lot finer.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited
RE:For those of you guys that had your pubic hair permanently removed, do you have any regrets?

However, I'm mostly worried about what other people will think. Will girls think it's weird? If I shower at a men's locker room, would they think it's weird? If I visit the doctor, will he think it's weird and/or say anything?

Being a home nudist, I can only comment on the doctor part. They have seen it all and I have never gotten a comment about no pubic hair. I did however work in a restaurant, in a situation of 1 man to 8 women, the ladies talk sex way more than any group of men I have been in. So this subject came up, Most said not only did they prefer the clean look but they also liked not have hair in their food (BJ) ;-)

This post was edited

I don't expect anybody would notice and if they did they wouldn't be rude enough to comment so where is the problem.
By the time your date sees it she will have made up her mind about you so it won't make any difference.

This post was edited

Will anyone care? - Probably not.
Will anyone say anything? - Probably not.

Why would you care?
What difference would it make?
Are you doing this for yourself or for some strangers?

This post was edited

Exactly, who are you doing it for? If you are still worried, shave for a year or two and see if anybody notices it and says anything and then decide.

This post was edited

Exactly, who are you doing it for? If you are still worried, shave for a year or two and see if anybody notices it and says anything and then decide.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Obviously, I should do it for myself and not for others, like you said. And I've been shaving consistently for over 10 years. I love it and want it gone permanently now not only to eliminate the extra work, but to get rid of the annoying stubble.

I went to the nude beach a few times and always freshly shaved when I went. It was great because most people at the nude beach were shaved- both male and female. So I felt that I fit right in. In fact, I probably would've felt more embarrassed if I didn't shave. And many girls have seen me shaved. A couple of girls have complimented it. But it was only a couple... majority just didn't say or notice anything. I have yet to receive a negative reaction about it.

The ONLY thing I haven't tried is going to my physician and staying shaved. I've always grown my pubic hair every time I go for my annual checkup. I just felt embarrassed about having him see me without pubes. However, I did go to this dermatologist once for the first time and it was just some skin problem on my face. So I went there shaved because I was only going in for the area on my face, so I didn't think I had to strip nude. But to my surprise, she wanted to do a full body skin exam. So she had me strip to my underwear and during the exam, she pulled down my underwear to take a quick peak down there and that was it. No reaction or comment, to my surprise. So I probably am overthinking this because maybe my physician will be the same way as my dermatologist and will just not react or say anything about it.

This post was edited

Im experienced as both a hair removal patient and provider. I have never regretted doing it and really enjoy the effect personally and in my partners.

Something that people need to understand is that the process is not instantaneous and you can effectively choose how much reduction you want.

This post was edited

As a physician I see all kinds of people and see how they groom or dont groom their pubes. The vast majority groom their pubes, gay, straight, bi ,male ,female, liberal and conservative. My most conservative patients are the Muslims and even they shave smooth. They wont let me see them completely naked but they shave completely bald most of the time. If someone does not groom or shave, I infer that they are not sexually active and when I see a mature guy who keeps it smooth I assume he is still sexually active.

This post was edited

I shave down there daily and I also shave my legs regularly. Earlier this month, I had an appointment with a urologist and he had me pull down my pants so that I could lower my 'drawers.' He saw that my legs were shaved as was my pubic area. He wore a kippah/yamaka, so I'm guessing he was an observant/religious person. He made no mention of my smoothness. He had to touch/grab my penis and scrotum as part of the examination. I would think that someone in that profession would prefer not having to 'handle' coarse/thick pubic hair, which can also smell musky. I wonder if he actually appreciates his 'smooth' patients over his 'bushy' patients.

This post was edited

Interesting.

This post was edited