RE:How do you spend the time nude or with others without spouse getting mad?

I guess I'm fortunate in that my wife doesn't care if I'm nude and is fine with me going to the nudist resort I love. We are actually in the process of buying a small camper so I can take it to the resort instead of staying in a tent. She knows I love my nude time. She just bought me some privacy block to put on my deck rails so the neighbors can't see me. Also works as a good wind block. Was able to get some sun today when it was only 49 degrees out because of the wind block.

This post was edited

My ex wife used to get so mad. Worried that someone would come up. While I was out washing our vehicles.

This post was edited

It is very informative reading about other's experiences on this topic. I didn't really become interested in nudism until after I was already married and I'm still fairly new to it. We were both raised conservatively but she still has it in her head that nudity equates to sex and therefore belongs in the bedroom. Fortunately, I have been able to "un-learn" the notion that non-sexual nudity is shameful but she is still not there. I have tried over the years to introduce her to my way of thinking in a few different ways-- from walking along a nude beach together in Greece, booking us at a clothing optional resort when vacationing to just walking into the kitchen nude for a cup of coffee while she was also there cooking breakfast. She is just not comfortable with any of these casually nude situations so I have decided that I have to forge ahead on my own but in a way that works for both of us. After all, marriage is about compromise. I sleep nude but she doesn't mind that and she now knows I enjoy being au natural when home alone. Since she isn't there to be around it, it doesn't make her uncomfortable. I have met up with married nudist buddies a few times and while she may know who I am with she doesn't know we are hanging out in the nude. This seems to be a common theme for many married nudist men, at least the ones I am friends with. More recently, I told her I was going to visit a local nude beach alone and she gave her blessing to that as well. My hope is that while she has no interest in nudism for herself, she will come to understand, if she hasn't already, that it is an important component to my happiness and overall life balance, which she is a huge part of. Because of this I feel I need to include her, as much as that is possible, to ensure that trust is never an issue. At some point I will be able to tell her about my nudist friends but I'm not quite there yet. That will make things so much easier.

This post was edited

Well said. Im working through similar issues.

This post was edited

My wife used to be a big-time nudist but time and gravity have changed her mind. After that happened she was always telling me to put some clothes on. Now that illness and injury have made me her caregiver, I rarely wear clothes around the house. This was to give her something to smile at. She laughs at me too. She told me yesterday she really enjoys my nudity now.

I get out to naked bike rides when I can, too. Sadly, she is unable to come watch because she doesn't drive anymore and needs a wheelchair to get around. We don't know anyone who is willing to drive her to such an event.

I hope they have the WNBR in Madison this year. I'd like to meet some of you there.

This post was edited

Echo some of the others - wife not want to go nude due to age and image of herself (which I have no issues with) - always loved older women and getting nude along with the older crowd to me is a good time. Have a female friend or 2 that will venture out with me to nude park so just do that and only say when I show up with sunburn that went to the nude park without further details. Join me? AustinJohn

This post was edited

This is the question a lot of us battle with. I am in the same boat, so I stopped hanging nude with others.

This post was edited

How bad do you want it? How strong is your relationship? If the nudist lifestyle is something you really cherish then it's worth having an honest conversation about. Who wants to go sneaking around all the time? Wouldn't it just feel better to say "The weather looks like it's going to be great on Wednesday, I think I wanna go to the nude beach". Instead of feeling guilty about something you really enjoy. Relationships are full of give and take. This is one of those times.

This post was edited
RE: How do you spend the time nude or with others without spouse getting mad?

My husband is not a nudist but he doesnt mind me being naked all the time. And he has no problem with me camming nude and going to nude parties, camps, club, etc. I also started the oldest gay nudist club in Kentucky and last year started a mens nude yoga class. He accepts it and has no problem with it, its who I am and hes happy.

This post was edited

My wife just ignores it now. We talked about it years ago. She said she would participate with me , but she's never actually taken it any further. She did say she would do participate out of state - she was afraid she would see someone she knows. We all know how that works.

This post was edited