RE:Hubbies are nudist but wives don't approve it. Why?? Lets discuss and solve it..

I don't think about it, just accept it. I was a closet nudist for a long time, at home when no-one else was around. Some time ago I was helping my wife clean the house one Friday morning and I suggested we do it nude. I was really nervous about suggesting it, my heart was beating fast and my throat dry. Anyway, she didn't go crazy and think I was nuts. She did for about half an hour, but then didn't like it so got dressed while I carried on nude. I found that some things, like cleaning the shower, are easier done while nude. Next Friday we started cleaning and I joked "how about nude cleaning day again?" She just said no, but you go ahead. It was like the greatest relief in the world! Since then every Friday has been nude day, for me. The more often I am nude the more I like it. The best thing is that my wife doesn't mind, although she remains clothed. She probably thinks I'm a bit eccentric, and doesn't want to end up the same! I think she is worried about either being caught, or someone finding out we are those weirdo nudists. To be honest I don't really know why she doesn't want to be nude, and I don't ask. It would be nice if she would join me, but it doesn't matter to me.

This post was edited
RE:Hubbies are nudist but wives don't approve it. Why?? Lets discuss and solve it..

Some activities are in fact quite common; for example home nudity, morning routines like drinking coffee in the nude, undressing long before one goes to bed... men often think these "activities" make them a nudist, whereas women also include going to a nude beach or naturist swim, or socializing with other nude people. Practising on my french horn at home doesn't make me a musician - playing in a band does :) As for approval from the wife that has never been a problem for me as I don't have one. However, I think many of the "couples" here are men who seek some excitement from picture swapping or chatting. This is what the wife doesn't "approve" of - she has of course not been asked.

This post was edited

I find this interesting even though the topic has been dormant for quite some time. I do disagree with those of you who think the single (married) male is after one thing while a nudist venues (cheap thrills and the like). So, your saying that single males attend for these reasons and that because your married you should share and mostly do activities together? My wife and I have vastly different ideas of what is fun, relaxing, interesting and so on. In fact, in over 25 yrs of being together only twice have we ever vacationed together. Sad, maybe, maybe not, but what is the point of doing something if your going to be miserable the whole time even if you are there together? I have many activities I like to do with all kinds of people and my wife is the same way with her groups of friends and the activities they do. Ulterior motives may be the case for some but certainly not all.
I attend nudist venues for a legal place to enjoy and experience nakedness with other like minded individuals/couples and have made friends with many of them while doing so. My wife simply has no interest, so why should I or she have to do something we don't want to do? My wife has no issues with me doing so.
I feel life is too short to limit yourself and your experiences just to appease others.
What is a "Normal" marriage relationship? I don't think anyone can really say without putting some limitations or conditions on it. I have friends whose wives would have made it to the end of the first date with me because of personality differences but it works for them, so who am to say any different.
I wonder, what would psychologists say is the reason for this single point of view of why some think there can only be one reason why men attend as a single? Jealousy, insecurity, confidence, public image or some other? That isn't meant to offend, just wondering why so narrow minded as to rationale.
All things being equal, one could then say the same about single females, correct? What about 2 males or 2 females, they must be gay and in a relationship with each other, right? Or is it entirely possible that they are just friends and enjoy companionship while enjoying nudist venues. Or maybe they are new to nudity and came together for moral support?

Point is, a single reason is extremely shortsighted and goes against the naturist values that I personally have come across. But, what the hell do I know.

This post was edited

I am lucky I am the nudest my wife is cool about even goes to clubs but stays dressed

This post was edited

And sadly for me personally I prefer older women so they are thinking they don't compare when are actually gaining with my interests. Always been attracted to older women my whole life.

This post was edited

I think the primary concern for women is being objectified/sexualized. I've often heard comments from non-nudist women along the lines of "I don't want to be paraded around naked in front of strangers." The implication is that in a nudist setting they are not in control of their own nudity; and that their nudity will be "entertainment", presumably for male nudists.

What will often debunk that preconceived notion is observing other nudist women; specifically when they demonstrate confidence being openly nude, with no apparent "adverse repercussion." The "comparison" that occurs is less in terms of physical attributes; but more in terms of "attitude" (which is not to say women don't also compare their bodies to others'). Because then they start to wonder why it is that these women are comfortable nude and they aren't. And in my wife's case for example, there was only one way she was going to be able to answer that question: by trying it.

This post was edited

The wife has accepted the fact I prefer being nude at home even though she will not join me even for a romantic evening at home. I do thank her for being so understanding and respect her viewpoint. Sometimes I will stretch the limits of her patience and go out nude, like a quick walk down the wash early in the morning or late at night or a drive to the mailbox or ATM. She did get upset when I picked her up at the rec center with just a towel on my lap, afraid somebody might see! I can work in the garage and backyard nude if I wish as well as anywhere in the house.

She has no interest in being nude but allows me some freedom which I try not to abuse. It's just a difference in upbringing I guess.

This post was edited

The wife has accepted the fact I prefer being nude at home even though she will not join me even for a romantic evening at home. I do thank her for being so understanding and respect her viewpoint. Sometimes I will stretch the limits of her patience and go out nude, like a quick walk down the wash early in the morning or late at night or a drive to the mailbox or ATM. She did get upset when I picked her up at the rec center with just a towel on my lap, afraid somebody might see! I can work in the garage and backyard nude if I wish as well as anywhere in the house.She has no interest in being nude but allows me some freedom which I try not to abuse. It's just a difference in upbringing I guess.

Similar to my situation. My wife is fine with me being nude at home including the back yard even she rarely is. Doesn't want me to drive nude.

This post was edited

So there you have it. I'm a nudist and she's not. Do I wish she would join in? Absolutely. Will I try to pressure her into going with me when I know she's extremely uncomfortable with the idea? No, I will not. Did I marry the wrong person? Definitely not.

That sums up my feelings also,

This post was edited

HiAs per my personal experience with girls and women, i do feel girlsare naturally nudist and exhibitionist but after reading few postand profile of men, most of the profiles read, husbands are nudistand wives either not nudist or don't approves it. Howcome...???

Nearly every comment is an essay!

The reality is social conditioning. In the first instance is the demand that women be virtuous and since the sexual revolution society has been programmed to believe men are all predatory. Society is also conditioned to believe that nudity and sex go hand in glove. Men are also conditioned to accept social nudity within the male gender by locker room and even military for showering and changing etc. There's a bit more to it but that's the essence of it.

Studies have shown all genders can be comfortable being nude once the social conditioning is marginalised or understood

This post was edited