Ironwood Forest National Monument

I'm back in Arizona and enjoyed a four hour nude hike in Ironwood Forest National Monument yesterday. The temp was only in the high 60's but with full sunshine and no wind it felt great. I went to the area of West Silverbell Mountains where I've hiked in the past. It's a really pretty area with some ATV trails but most of the time I hiked cross country. It is mostly rolling hills with great views.

This topic was edited
RE:Ironwood Forest National Monument

Looks like a great area for hiking. Did you run into anyone out there? Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.

This post was edited

I started going to Ironwood last winter and been hiking nude there 5 or 6 times. I've never run into anyone while hiking. Sometimes I see other cars on the main road so depending on where I park I wait to strip down until I've walked a few hundred feet from my car. On Thursday I parked at the old Silverbell Cemetery. This spot is a long way into the Monument so not many people go there. The first time I was there I parked and walked a little way then stripped. When I came back after my hike no one was around so I stayed nude all the way back to my car. Thursday I stripped at my car, went on my hike and stayed nude until I was back at my car. The cemetery parking area is a few hundred feet off the main road so if anyone was driving in you could hear them approaching in plenty of time to slip on a pair of shorts. Not many people hike in the Monument, most people drive off road vehicles so you can hear them coming. So far I've seen one off road vehicle while hiking but it was a long way off so not a problem. I go to Ironwood on weekdays and avoid Christmas and Spring Break. The Monument has little visitation and since it is managed by the BLM it's really a great place to hike nude.

This post was edited

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I will certainly check this out as time permits. Happy trails!

This post was edited

I will have to check where this is but from photos looks and sounds like a great hike place, thanks. Tim

This post was edited

I was back out in Ironwood for a nude hike on Saturday. It really warmed up, mid 80's but a little windy. I hiked up an old mining road, just a trail now, on Waterman Peak. There are a couple of marginal dirt roads that go to the bottom on the mountain. I wasn't sure if my car was up to that so I parked and walked in, about 2.5 miles. It was a great day, views from the mountain are spectacular and I even saw some Desert Bighorn Sheep, first time I've seen them in the wild.

This post was edited