Dress code when working at home

Are any of you expected to dress the same way for video calls and meetings as you would if you were working on site. If so, do you dress that way completely or only what is visible on camera? Our grandson attends a small private school and he is expected to wear his full uniform for remote learning days.

This topic was edited
RE:Dress code when working at home

i have 'attended' many a zoom meeting clad only in a shirt. Some of the other participants know my nude habits and would be fine with me bare chested too but not all of them.

This post was edited

i have 'attended' many a zoom meeting clad only in a shirt. Some of the other participants know my nude habits and would be fine with me bare chested too but not all of them.

One of my acquaintances is a semi retired independent consultant. He said that he keeps his camera aimed at his face and rarely wears a shirt for video calls and conferences. If someone sees enough of his shoulders and upper chest to tell he isn't wearing a shirt he doesn't care.

This post was edited

I was in a Zoom meeting wearing a t shirt and my 5" inseam gym short. I stood up to get something and someone said "If you are in your boxers you shouldn't stand up." I just said "They're gym shorts" and sat down. Should have said "I would never do that since I don't own underwear" but though that might be TMI.

This post was edited

Oh gawd

This post was edited

The great mystery of our time:"Where did common sense go?"

Common sense has never been very common. So it probably has gone nowhere and will stay there for generations to come.

This post was edited

I work from home now. I have to be available for video meetings all day for work. I can only be seen from the chest up so I wear a nice button down shirt and nothing else - fully nude from the waist down. For me this is a huge advantage to working from home and I don't ever want to go back to the office again. I pretty much live nude full time now except for the shirt :)

About how many hours a month do you wear anything below your waist?

This post was edited

No expectations have been stated where I work. I see a lot of hoodies and t shirts instead of collared shirts now.
I pretty much wear the same thing I did in the office.

I choose to believe that anyone with their camera off is naked :)

This post was edited

Do they check to see if your grandson is completely dressed too, and shirt tails tucked in! Heck at my private school, we had to have the top button done up, shirts tucked in, shoes tied etc! Oh yes, our ties had to be pulled all the way up, no slacking. None of this throw on your uniform any which way and head off to school like I see kids these days around here!

This post was edited

Do they check to see if your grandson is completely dressed too, and shirt tails tucked in! Heck at my private school, we had to have the top button done up, shirts tucked in, shoes tied etc! Oh yes, our ties had to be pulled all the way up, no slacking. None of this throw on your uniform any which way and head off to school like I see kids these days around here!

Just that he was wearing a monogrammed polo. This was when he was on remote because he had been exposed to Covid, but most of the class was physically in school. When the entire school later went virtual, they suspended the dress code.

This post was edited

Uniforms were part o my Catholic School education. We had clip on ties so the top button had to be done and the shirt tails were to be tucked in. Our pants were not uniform, but we were not allowed to wear jeans. I got in trouble when my grandpa bought me a pair of Hush Puppies and they were not shined, and what were called tennis shoes in the 50's were not considered appropriate. Those high top Red Ball Jets were for playtime after school.

This post was edited