RE:Nude in Florida

I have checked the bare feet issue more thoroughly and found that no state prohibits bare feet driving. Flip flops and high heels are legal too, but I don't think that they are as safe as the bare foot operating the pedals.You are entirely correct. No state has ever had any laws requiring a normal citizen to wear shoes anytime, anywhere, for any reason. All of the laws that require people to wear shows are regarding employers and employees (health code and OSHA). If you don't own the business and you don't work there, you don't have to wear shoes. No state has ever required non-commercial drivers to wear shoes.

I'm looking at moving to either Oregon or Vermont because of their favorable laws regarding nudity. Anyone live in either of those states and know first hang what it's like living there as a nudist?

This post was edited

I have checked the bare feet issue more thoroughly and found that no state prohibits bare feet driving. Flip flops and high heels are legal too, but I don't think that they are as safe as the bare foot operating the pedals.You are entirely correct. No state has ever had any laws requiring a normal citizen to wear shoes anytime, anywhere, for any reason. All of the laws that require people to wear shows are regarding employers and employees (health code and OSHA). If you don't own the business and you don't work there, you don't have to wear shoes. No state has ever required non-commercial drivers to wear shoes.I'm looking at moving to either Oregon or Vermont because of their favorable laws regarding nudity. Anyone live in either of those states and know first hang what it's like living there as a nudist?

While I believe you are correct about laws requiring shoes, I believe businesses and other organizations can require people to wear them on their premises.
Have you experienced such situations?

This post was edited

While I believe you are correct about laws requiring shoes, I believe businesses and other organizations can require people to wear them on their premises.Have you experienced such situations?

I know most major retailers will ask you to leave. It comes down to liability. You stub your toe, you sue. Your foot gets cut, you sue. At the last big box store I worked, we had a 3rd party vendor (Pepsi) show up in sandals operating one of our pallet jacks. He was told to either put on real shoes, or cease using our equipment (Moving heavy pallets of soda heavy from his truck to the sales floor).

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I would never think of going into a place of business without a shirt and something more substantial on my feet that flip flops. Besides, I hate the sound of flip flops and just grit my teeth when others are wearing them within earshot.

This post was edited

In NJ, shirtless men, women in bikini tops and barefoot for both are common in shops and causal restaurants near the beaches.
However, many signs in other areas say that shirts and shoes are required by state law, which is obviously not true.
Similarly, I asked the manager of a small hotel in Florida if very brief men's swimwear in the pool would be a problem.
She said no, but state law prohibited nude swimming.
I know that is not the case because there are many clothing optional resorts in Florida. but I didn't say anything.

This post was edited

I have checked the bare feet issue more thoroughly and found that no state prohibits bare feet driving. Flip flops and high heels are legal too, but I don't think that they are as safe as the bare foot operating the pedals.

I think it's one of those urban myths that date from pre-internet times. I tended to dismiss it, but with 50 different states it was always possible that one would have it on the books!

This post was edited

I have checked the bare feet issue more thoroughly and found that no state prohibits bare feet driving. Flip flops and high heels are legal too, but I don't think that they are as safe as the bare foot operating the pedals.I think it's one of those urban myths that date from pre-internet times. I tended to dismiss it, but with 50 different states it was always possible that one would have it on the books!

Flip flops are banned for been used for driving in the UK (so are wellington boots as the high back can get jammed under the seat) as there is a high risk of them coming off and causing an accident.

This post was edited

I never thought of driving in my wellies, but knowing of the hazard is good. In our part of the world, many of us wear pack boots in the winter, rubber soles, leather uppers and have felt liners that can be taken out to dry. They too are not the safest footwear for driving.

This post was edited

Didn't open.

This post was edited