RE:What's perfect?

As we get older, our bodies change. Worse is that as we get older we quite often have medical issues and injury that change us forever. When I was in the army I had a well toned body but after I retired, despite vigilance on my part, old scars and injuries seemed to become more visible. Then I had two open-heart surgeries, and those long scars did change my body. No matter what I did, my waste-line grew for the first time in my life. And then I had to use a cane which I often tried to hide in photos. So I cannot do anything about my looks but keep on going and people just have to accept me as I am.

This post was edited

Hello... I do not have a perfect body either... But I have been a nudist since 1993 and I like it...
Would you like to chat with cameras?
Take care... Max

This post was edited

In my humble opinion - perfection is simply a myth or a belief. Its really not something that is attainable in total. My reason for this belief stems from my line of work - construction. I often encounter workers/laborers/contractors/etc who are critical of others efforts. They should have done this . . . They shouldnt have done that . . .

Everyone has their own definition of what perfect looks like (or should look like). So what is perfect to one person could be far from the next guys version of perfect for the same task.

I feel the same is true for physical traits of humans. None of us are perfect. No one is. Here again the guy who thinks hes achieved perfection for his physical being, that could seem ridiculous to the next guy or gal. We all have our version of perfect for ourselves. Or maybe what we are willing to accept as our best version given the circumstances we have encountered on our road to HERE. So for me, the perfect me was likely several years (ok decades) ago. And Im really ok with that. I still dont consider myself to be anybody elses definition of perfect - but to me I consider me (with all my flaws) to be ok for today. That seems to remove a lot of issues - at least in my life.

This post was edited

I don't know about you but I am perfect in my imperfections

This post was edited

Hello friends. I'm not sure that physical perfection exists in this world, but if it does I am certainly not an example. Body consciousness or self-image is a complex subject . Whatever someone's feelings may be , they aren't right or wrong, and may change over time. As for me, I have 7 surgical scars and don't care who has an opinion on them. I'm just grateful that good docs have made it possible for me to participate and enjoy nudism.

This post was edited

I had a hernia operation nearly 10 years ago and have a scar on my tummy area, it probably doesn't really stand out that much but I'm very aware of it.
I like to see people who are different in alsorts of ways - just makes us even more human, we all have different things going on in our lives.
All part of the journey

This post was edited

You are correct, the hernia scar will just about disappear in time. I have had 3 hernia surgeries over the last 50 years and I cannot find any scars, now I will have another one shortly. And I keep my pubic area shaved so the new one will stand out for a while. I have also had heart surgery and later a pacemaker installed. I was fortunate, the heart surgery scar down the center of my chest has become barely noticeable even with me keeping that area shaved. I have other scars from old military injuries that are quite visible. At first I was concerned about how others would perceive me but in all the years I have never had another nudist comment about the many scars on my body. We look at the person, not at their body.

This post was edited

As they say, nobody's perfect. We come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, scars, and disabilities. We are who we are....battle scars and all. My hernia scars are barely noticeable, but what I sometimes feel self-conscious about is my third nipple. It took a long time for me to take my shirt of when I was a kid. Then when we moved to AZ (a much bigger place that where we came from in Iowa), I was around more people and realized we all have our "issues". Usually those "issues" or only in our own minds......that's what we really need to work on. For me, it's still a work in progress, but discussions like these, and just being around many people, helps us realize.....nobody has a perfect body.

This post was edited
RE: What's perfect?

Thank you for posting this. I have never had the 'perfect body' but I was usually comfortable enough in my own skin. That is until I underwent cancer surgery and ended up with scars from my sternum down to my pubic bone. You wrote "The questions about my scars make it difficult not to feel embarrassed" really hit home. Some people were quite rude with their comments about my scars and made me feel very uncomfortable. I would then 'Donald Duck' it when around other nudists that I did not know well. I have recently had some reconstructive cosmetic surgery to improve the scarring. I am hoping this will improve my confidence in my body again. Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one to experience this.

This post was edited

I am an amputee. I go to nudist beaches and I don't have any problem or embarrasment. It's just life and it's just me.

This post was edited