RE:Meeting Real Quality People

I prefer real life and real people with real experiences.I'm not really sure what this has to do with the topic at hand. Interacting with people online doesn't mean you don't also interact with people in person. They aren't mutually exclusive.

For many people with no social skills, interacting on-line is the only way to have any interaction with anyone - whether that interaction be based upon people who are genuine and represent themselves in an honest manner or with fakes.

The topic here is meeting quality people and the best way to do this is in real life where you can much more easily see what you get. It is far too easy to deceive on-line and so people may be just chatting with a bunch of fakes. Some don't care if that is the case just as long as they get a response and a bit of attention. Others prefer genuine people.

Fakes are not quality people. Then again everyone has a different interpretation of what 'quality' means.

This post was edited

UNLUVER101 wrote:If you pretend to be an attractive young woman here, you will have instance acceptance and your message in-box will light up like a Christmas tree. If you represent yourself as you truly are which may be an older man, then all the old stereotypes will kick in and you be rejected by most. You would be lucky to get one message reply.

Which informs me that there are two types of people who frequent this board . There are those who are interested in playing a persona and interacting with people using that persona, and attracting interest and "friends" and attention and thereby getting some sort of validation for that persona. They have no interest in personal contact; in fact, they dread it, since it would give their game away.

And then there are those who actually use the board as an avenue for communication, to exchange information in the hopes of someday meeting others of like mind. The board is only an imperfect substitute for true personal contact, and they would be happy to meet others in the flesh when given an opportunity to do so.

I'm one of the latter. I don't care if I get a single personal message, unless it's directly related to an issue I'm discussing or it presents an opportunity for personal contact (i.e., somebody in my area that I'd like to meet personally once this COVID thing is over). I'm perfectly happy with that arrangement.

This post was edited

Hello,

I hope that you do make the connections you are looking for. A few things to share that might help in your search for genuine friends. I have found that some think that because you have nudism in common that's enough. While it's definitely a starting point there has to be more. We have a plethora of groups that our own user's create that cover a broad spectrum of hobbies and interests. We also have groups tailored to the location of the user's which helps local people get together. I would start there and see if anyone shares your common interests and reach out.

Covid-19 has made it tough for many to go out but with vaccinations rolling out it might be possible to do hikes out and socially distance. The site is a great platform to meet friends but it definitely takes work and having more than nudism in common to make great connections. We've made some great friends on here and it definitely took work and effort but it's worth it if you find your people.

I hope yo do find yours!

teamtrue2

This post was edited

You and teamtrue1 seem like real quality people :)

This post was edited