RE:The snip

I also thought I was the only one to do this! I cut them out of light coloured swimming shorts or trunks. It makes them cling to the body better when wet and give a hint of transparency. It's the best I can do against the tyranny of having to wear trunks at all.

Have you tried tan though suits? Much lighter in weight than normal swimwear.

This post was edited

Buy shorts without a liner.

Just curious do you try to find a negative in every post?

This post was edited

Buy shorts without a liner.

That would limit your choice of selection. Better to find a style you like and make appropriate adjustments to suit your taste.

This post was edited

I dont because I found the perfect pair of short shorts. I wear ranger panties at the gym. These were used by the Marines and Army rangers for decades. They are short nylon shorts with a nylon liner. If I had no liner, my junk would show when I squat, bench press or do lunges. Unlike a Speedo, my balls can hang free so I can do headstands and flip upright without groin adjustment.

This post was edited

I adjusted a short by taking the side and bottom seams apart..
Sewing one side together on the top half.
And sewing velcro tape on the other side and on the bottom.
When I go running I seldom close the bottom velcro. When I am in a safe environment I take my short/ skirt off and hold it in a way so I that I can cover up real quick.
I added a picture of it on my media.

This post was edited

I like this idea. I do however imagine that the crotch fabric would hang down like an extra flap of material and no longer look like shorts. I could not see your media picture, possibly as we are not befriended. I have been thinking the style of running shorts with split sides, recreated to overlap more, might allow velcro oriented the same as a belt to provide better security and easier refitting. However I have not tried this.
I do have two pairs of what may variously be described as a skirt or minuscule shorts, but both these rely on the pouch and G-string to stop them riding up, I think. So I am reluctant to cut that portion out, as the length of fabric from the waist does not allow a lot of leeway.
If you feel so inclined, please add me as a friend, as I do accept Certified members.

This post was edited

i always cut out mesh lining

This post was edited

I have two pairs of these shorts. No lining, minimal coverage, and they're very soft and comfortable. They're great for working in the yard and just lounging. They're short, so you do have to sometimes be aware of your package if you're among others who might not appreciate the exposure when you sit, squat, or bend over!

Aussiebum Joey Short

When I have to climb from the finger pier onto the bow of our boat in these shorts, the goods slip out completely. They're a great style for some casual displays.

This post was edited

First thing I do when i get a new swim suite is cut out the mesh. I wish I could find swim wear that didn't have it from the factory.

This post was edited

First thing I do when i get a new swim suite is cut out the mesh. I wish I could find swim wear that didn't have it from the factory.

Most tan through suits do not have any liner.

This post was edited