RE:When you have to wear clothing?

I actually bought one from a thrift store recently, and wear it often for walking the dog or just running out for a quick errand. I also use it for mowing grass. I think it is a great idea.

This post was edited

I actually bought one from a thrift store recently, and wear it often for walking the dog or just running out for a quick errand. I also use it for mowing grass. I think it is a great idea.

This post was edited

This post was edited

The kilt or craftan?

This post was edited

Another option for yard work where you can be seen is to take an old pair of shorts and cut open the side and crotch seams. That way you are covered but not confined.

This post was edited

I have a pair of shorts like that. I split the side seams all the way up to the waist band and the inseams all the way to the crotch.

This post was edited

I have a pair of shorts like that. I split the side seams all the way up to the waist band and the inseams all the way to the crotch.

You could probably even make the panels a little smaller and still keep things covered.

This post was edited

Probably could. I've also thought of making "flaps."

Something that ties around the waist, with a rectangle of cloth fore and aft.

This post was edited

Something like a sarong may be okay, folded to not be too long and tied around the waist with a knot. The side where the knot is may be open, but only leg would be seen. Something could be sewn up to get the same effect with a waistband sewn in leading to straps to tie on one side.

This post was edited

I don't think I'd ever go for a skirt or even a kilt; just not my taste, as I'm not going for a feminine look, nor do I wish to draw on my partial Scottish heritage.

A wrap would be fine, preferably with a patterned fabric that is not feminine. I would only expect to use it as a coverup where I couldn't quite get away with nude. I wear my Skinzwear A14 shorts (small inseam, splits with only a small overlap near the waistband, sheer but patterned-to-disguise fabric) in the same way but of course have to take them off and on like shorts, not by simply wrapping it around myself. They may be ideal for driving in particular.

Interesting to wear 'female' jeans as a male. Technically, all jeans are male as they button on that side rather than being reversed for females. I suspect that's a legacy of jeans originally being only for men, but females adopting them anyway. Even so, it's not the first time I've heard of guys going for female style jeans for the fit, even if I've never noticed it. Going low-key of the details probably gets the fit without being obviously girly, I guess.

This post was edited