RE:Nudist resort etiquette: does it keep us safe, or does it keep us repressed?

Great message! Having visited over 25 nudist resorts and beaches, I agree with what you are expressing-keep it natural and enjoy the freedom of socializing Nude!

This post was edited

We have been nudists for many years and have visited many clothing optional resorts and beaches and we have never encountered rules about non sexual touching. We personally would not support a place where a couple could not touch one another or a place where they enforced posture etiquette either. We are nudists for freedom and this is not what we want. These rules are more for trying to control exhibitionists.

This post was edited

Is it standard at nudist resorts that cell phones aren't permitted? My wife and I visited a resort on Vancouver Island and, while there were no cellphones, there was a significant amount of radiofrequency radiation. My wife is highly sensitive to wireless radiation that would come off of cellphones and cell towers. It seems , with the growing concern of wireless radiation, there would be more awareness in the naturist community about this and, perhaps, some nudist resorts providing unnatural electromagnetic radiation free recreation opportunities.

This post was edited

Totally agree, we don't go to resorts, we prefer to be naked on our boat and on the beach. We are affectionate clothed or naked. As shocking as it may seem, we are even have sex on the boat or on secluded beaches, but are always careful to make sure we are out of sight of others and by ourselves. Normal behavior.

This post was edited

Nothing shocking about that, Im sure most people would make love in an isolated place. We have, often.

This post was edited

Exactly, normal behavior, but there are those who disagree and have told us so.

This post was edited

If you are where no one can see you, whos going to complain?

This post was edited

We made the mistake of mentioning it to a couple we met, man did we get a lecture. notice i said "couple we met", then did not become friends, lol.

This post was edited

Ive had the situation where in a nudists setting with a group where my then female partner gave me a hug and a peck on the cheek. Very shortly afterwards we were both chastised by the hosts for violating nudist/naturist etiquette. My view of naturist/nudist etiquette is simply DO NOT DO what you would do in any other setting.

This post was edited

I think the problem stems from most nudists working so extremely hard to define nudists as non-sexual beings, which of course is the furthest from the truth. That is why there are so many topics trying to describe what a nudist is. It truly is much simpler than people what to believe. If you prefer to live life socially and/or alone without clothes as much as possible, then you are a nudist. All other attributes that may also define you (sometimes) are in addition to the fact that you are a nudist. This applies in both directions. On one extreme, I may love to play rugby, which in all practical situations would require clothing. I can do that and still be a nudist. On the other extreme, One might be sexually free and like to swap partners etc, or as we call a swinger. This would require being in a more private setting or venue expecting that behavior. I could still be a nudist. On the other hand, some swingers are NOT nudists. They prefer to wear clothes as they think it is sexier. The point is the the fact that I like to be nude in any setting possible, is what defines me as a nudist. Every other attribute are simply additional attributes that may also define me and I am not everything all the time. This push that nudists want to define the whole of who we are is what I think drives many would be nudists away from the organized nudist movement. I liken it to religion. Many people seek out non denominational churches because they are less pushy about all of the tiny details and if they do not check all of the boxes, then they are not a good Catholic, or Methodist, or whatever denomination. More to the specific point of nudist etiquette, I agree with many that have posted that we give full hugs to our friends and do not really change our behavior from what we do clothed. That includes I might grab my wifes butt and or give a nice kiss etc. I am not opposed to some PDA. I am not saying we stand there and make out, but I think it is healthy to be affectionate with my wife. I believe it is a good example to show the younger ones as they grow up. To be honest it is strange how many married couples I see that are rarely affectionate with each other. They are the same ones that have their man caves to get away or have girls night out etc. My wife and I prefer to do everything possible together simply because we are life partners and like to be with each other. ;-) Finally, read the room. Do what you want to do as long as you are considerate to not being offensive to those around you. That being said, sometimes you have to push the boundaries to test the room as well. You will soon find out what the boundaries are and then be respectful of them. If it does not work for you, then go to a different club next time. ;-)

This post was edited