RE:Who else still uses their Y?

Was a member of the y for years and used it for yoga classes, line dancing with my wife and pickle ball. They also had an out door pool I would swim laps in when warm enough. No sauna or steam room and no one ever walked around nude. I chose not to upset the apple cart. They shut down during the covid and now we have moved and the town we live in does not have one. I looked into joining a gym nearby us where I had a summer membership and in their locker room they have a sign stating that nudity is not allowed and you must stay covered when not in your personal shower space.

This post was edited

The Y I went to in Canada, 15 years ago now, and actually for a short while about 5 years ago, had a guys change room and an adult mens change room. The Adult mens room was equipped with the sauna and hot tub and there was more nudity there.

This post was edited

The Y near me in St Louis area has open showers, mens steam room, and separate mens and boys locker rooms, that share the shower and access to the pool. The older one is, the more naked, with exceptions of all ages.

This post was edited

The Y in Kalamazoo MI has an 18+ men's area with exercise equipment, group showers, sauna, and steam room. Most of the guys just hang out naked. I have even worked out naked, but I sweat too much so normally wear clothes. I quit going because it was too far of drive so I bought some equipment and sauna for my house.

This post was edited

the Y in northside INDY was built in the 70's and has a Sauna and whirlpool still in the adults men's locker room... the only thing now is they put up signs a few years ago to cover yourself with a towel when walking around, but most of the old guys during the day, don't and don't care.

This post was edited

I admit being surprised. I wasn't aware that YMCA still existed outside of Village People. I learned something today.

This post was edited

I use the YMCA/YWCA regularly. I do remember when they were separate, and I wish some would separate so that there would be able to be freer nudity permissions. There are showers, I use a shower after swimming, and never pull the curtain all the way across, though right now, curtains have been removed so although they are semi-closed, they are open for all to see you wash and shower. Seldom see boys stripping and taking showers! I have seen fathers showing boys how to cover up with a towel so as not to be seen nude, and then get dressed wearing the towel until covered. What a shame.

This post was edited

I use the YMCA/YWCA regularly. I do remember when they were separate, and I wish some would separate so that there would be able to be freer nudity permissions. There are showers, I use a shower after swimming, and never pull the curtain all the way across, though right now, curtains have been removed so although they are semi-closed, they are open for all to see you wash and shower. Seldom see boys stripping and taking showers! I have seen fathers showing boys how to cover up with a towel so as not to be seen nude, and then get dressed wearing the towel until covered. What a shame.

This post was edited

This post was edited

My local Y is the best deal and most comprehensive facility in my area. I watch netflix on the elliptical. Last night I was the only swimmer in a beautiful pool, 81 degree water. Outdoor temp 3 degrees. Very grateful for the facility even though it has a small locker and shower area for men. I shower nude in the open but usually the only one. Rarely see other brief style suits either but I figure that I have to be the trend setter. Can't have everything but I guess I have 90%.

This post was edited