RE:Being certified and removing fake accounts

The only way to remove the fakes is to report them by hitting the "FLAG" button.
tumbleweed1986 writes an almost daily Blog with the names of fake accounts as people discover them.
The mods obviously don't moderate, they just remove things if there are complaints.

I am not sure how they work for photos in Media. There are criteria but they are not followed at all. The criteria are quite straight forward too.

I feel the Certification does weed out the fakes, although some people may be here for prostitution and quite happy to get Certified.

This post was edited
RE:Being certified and removing fake accounts

The only way to remove the fakes is to report them by hitting the "FLAG" button.tumbleweed1986 writes an almost daily Blog with the names of fake accounts as people discover them.The mods obviously don't moderate, they just remove things if there are complaints.I am not sure how they work for photos in Media. There are criteria but they are not followed at all. The criteria are quite straight forward too.I feel the Certification does weed out the fakes, although some people may be here for prostitution and quite happy to get Certified.

I wish. Have flagged countless fakes over the past few months. I wrote a few of the usernames down and checked a while later and none of them had been removed. I am not convinced the removal of flagged posts is any better. The profile pics of some of the fake profiles who have liked mine have been ones that normal users would never get approved, erections etc.
Often feel the moderators and TT are more concerned about the behaviour of proper members than they are about the fake members.
A worthwhile enhancement to the site would be to modify privacy settings so that you could choose to only allow certified members to see your profile. At the moment you can choose between public and fiends only. Allowing a choice between public, certified and friends only, in a similar way to media, would make far more sense.

This post was edited
RE:Being certified

Very much agree.

This post was edited

i agree but still wish some of even the certified people would read your profile before messaging you with questions you have already stated.

This post was edited

This site has a single employee. She runs the entire shebang. They do utilize technology as much as possible but keep in mind this site has almost 500K profiles. I wish more would contribute financially so that some additional help could be brought on board but it surprises me that so few are paid, members. Also, this site does not utilize any advertising dollars it is 100% paid members that keep this up and going.

This post was edited

CodeBare, I agree 100%. At One time I belonged to a site that did just that. You were certified by cam to cam. I still think that would be a better process. The current modes could be used for this.

This post was edited

I just checked the profile lists and it only brings up teamtrue1 & teamtrue4. Ive seen responses from teamtrue2 recently but it did not come up. Teamtrue4 has not logged on in 2 years. I may have not used the correct name. I think these folks do an admirable job considering the vastness of the internet folks...many of them trying to make a mess for the rest of us.

This post was edited

Teamtrue2 made a post as recently as 10 days ago to the forum, so the account still exists, but has apparently been hidden from the search. 1, 3, 4 show up when I do a search of profiles. You are correct that 4 (and 3) has not logged on in years. I suspect they are used as test accounts.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Just one? Ah, I thought there was a team...

TT1 does the actual programming AFAIK. TT2 tries to keep the natives happy and does all the day-to-day administration. As for the 500K accounts, yes there are now 403K accounts, but less than 77K actually active in the last year, of which probably only half (~35K) are actually active and have logged on more than once.

Some of the things that could make her life much easier is an auto delete of non-paid accounts that go more than a pre-determined amount of time (30 days, 60 days, ?? days) without logging on, as well as restricting what accounts can do in the first x number of days. 90% of the spam comes from newly created accounts that logon the one time, create lots of havoc, then disappear.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited