RE:For those of you guys that had your pubic hair permanently removed, do you have any regrets?

I have shaved my pubic hair in different ways for many many years. Sometimes I get rid of it all and sometimes I let it grow in above my penis. My ball on the other hand have been shaved clean for as long as I can remember.

My GF shaves her in different ways as well. Sometimes a landing strip, or bald or full bush up top. I prefer her lip area to be clean but I do like the look of pubic hair above her vagina.

This post was edited
RE:For those of you guys that had your pubic hair permanently removed, do you have any regrets?

How can you tell if something is "low power"? Any way to tell so next time I know better?How about the Kennzi? That looks pretty reputable but very expensive. But then again, I'm basing on reviews as well, which are clearly not the best way to go...

The one bought has the following power (according to a question they answered)

Hello, our hair removal device has 5 Levels
The Level 1 is 11 joules,
The Level 2 is 13 joules,
The Level 3 is 14 joules,
The Level 4 is 17 joules
The Level 5 is 18.5 joules.

My Tria is 20 joules at it's highest setting. The difference is the zap area. The one you got appears to be approximately 2cm by 4cm (I'm guessing here based on the pictures) for a total of 8cm(2). My Tria's zap area is 1cm(2), concentrating the power in a much smaller area.

Contrary to what their sales pitch says, if you don't feel the zap (akin to a rubber band snapping on your skin, but pain only lasts a split second), it's not working (or you have no hair there). Try zapping the same spot for several zaps and see if you feel it. If you're not feeling it, it's not working. Many of the reviews had this complaint, everything lit up and appeared to be functioning, but no actual 'zap' was occuring.

Also, you cannot do any hair removal method prior to using it other than plain old shaving. If you are using any chemical method or epilator method, it won't work as the hair is below the skin line (or gone altogether). The IPL works by the laser energy traveling down the hair shaft and heating the root.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Yeah I feel a rubber band snapping. Most of the time, its very strong heat, but I do feel the snap every now and then.

The instructions on this device is rather vague, but I think Im supposed to zap the treated area three times per session. I was only doing it once, so maybe that was my problem.

This post was edited

If it helps, the instructions on my device recommended shaving and exfoliating, waiting 24 hours, and then zapping. It seems to like about 1 or 2 mm of stubble. Not too short, and not too long. The instructions warn against using on hairs longer than 4 or 5 mm as apparently that can lead to burns.

I use mine mostly on level 5 with auto-repeat, and lift it off between zaps to let the glass cool. It won't flash until it is against your skin, so there is no risk of it going off in your eyes.

dadude said:
The instructions on this device is rather vague...

This post was edited

I think the IPL device is finally starting to work. Funny thing, I don't notice any hair falling out in the shower, which is what I heard happens during IPL. But I do notice fewer hair growing back and it's growing back slower too.

I think the trick was to do three passes per session, not one, which is what I was originally doing. And I notice if I press down firmly, I feel the zap more. The rubber band snap is more intense that way. Before, I was only pressing down lightly, which seemed to reduce the intensity since the snap felt lighter. So we shall see how things progress.

I'm so nervous what my doctor is going to think on my next visit when he suddenly sees that I have no pubic hair. It's going to be a bit nerve-wracking. But on the plus side, I still won't be seeing him for a while. I'm still uneasy about going to the doctor for non-emergency visits during this pandemic. So I probably won't be going for checkup until 2022, the earliest.

This post was edited

I think the IPL device is finally starting to work. Funny thing, I don't notice any hair falling out in the shower, which is what I heard happens during IPL. But I do notice fewer hair growing back and it's growing back slower too.I think the trick was to do three passes per session, not one, which is what I was originally doing. And I notice if I press down firmly, I feel the zap more. The rubber band snap is more intense that way. Before, I was only pressing down lightly, which seemed to reduce the intensity since the snap felt lighter. So we shall see how things progress.I'm so nervous what my doctor is going to think on my next visit when he suddenly sees that I have no pubic hair. It's going to be a bit nerve-wracking. But on the plus side, I still won't be seeing him for a while. I'm still uneasy about going to the doctor for non-emergency visits during this pandemic. So I probably won't be going for checkup until 2022, the earliest.

Glad your seeing results now. As for your doctor, trust me, he's seen it before and won't care.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Here's an interesting story. It seems like there are some results on my pubic area, but VERY sloooow! So, a couple of weeks ago, I tried it on my underarms. I did it about two treatments per week and it's about two full weeks of treating the armpits. And right now, I have significantly less hair growth there. So strange! This device is working wonders on my underarms and results are showing very quickly, but on the pubes, the results are extremely slow.

This post was edited

I have been doing laser hair removal for about 2 years on my genitals, back through my anus, and butt. I also did my lower back and I don't regret it for a second. It is for me and I really prefer the smooth look and feel and have never gotten any odd looks or reactions in locker rooms and doctors offices. If anyone ever asked, I would be more than happy to talk to them about it.

This post was edited

Ok, I give up on this stupid IPL device. Notice a little less hair regrowth, but it plateaued and no further results are showing. I keep shooting the area regularly and still having lots of regrowth. Hard to believe I've used this device a few times per week for three months and still not much difference. I'm not sure why it's not working like it should. The IPL device really snaps and hurts the area when I shoot it. I feel the very warm heat along with the snap. But still get lots of hair regrowth. Either I may have to invest in a better IPL device or may have to consider waxing. Not sure I'll do either since it'll just cost me more money. And to pay money for another possible dud device or to pay $80 for waxing, which would literally only give me 1-2 weeks of smoothness, is not worth the cost. Probably might just have to stick to shaving.

This post was edited

I have been doing laser hair removal for about 2 years on my genitals, back through my anus, and butt. I also did my lower back and I don't regret it for a second. It is for me and I really prefer the smooth look and feel and have never gotten any odd looks or reactions in locker rooms and doctors offices. If anyone ever asked, I would be more than happy to talk to them about it.

Don't forget the top of your shoulders. An area women notice but men don't.

This post was edited