RE:Why isn't your wife into nudism?

I noticed the disproportionate number of husbands here whose wife is just not into it.Just out of curiosity: what's the hang-up?I've listed some common reason here:1 - Body Image: That's probably the main one. It is the belief that her body is just "good enough" to be seen naked.My thoughts: 10 minutes at a nudist resort would make them realize that there's no such thing as "not good enough" at a nudist resort.2 - Sexualization/objectification: It is the belief that being seen naked will automatically generate sexual thoughts or negative judgement from the male population.My thoughts: In the likely event that sexual thoughts or negative judgement are even generated; it would likely never be openly expressed.3 - Ageism: The belief that being openly nude is a "young person's game"; and after a certain age, people are too mature to just walk around naked.My thoughts: the average nudist population is middle-aged+4 - Morality: The belief that being naked around people is "undignified." And/or nudity should strictly be between husband and wife. Or that nudist are pleasure-seeking hedonists. That one can be a tough one to crack because it often has to do with personal values.My thoughts: morality has nothing to do with it5 - Esthetics: Some women just don't like nudity. Period. "I don't want to see a bunch of saggy tits and balls hanging in my face" is often mentioned.My thoughts: It's not about a "bunch of saggy tits and balls." It's about enjoying being nude.6- Past traumas: That's the most unfortunate one: when nudity is associated with some past trauma. That's a really tough one.My thoughts: the nudist resort is totally safe. No one is out to hurt anyone.In most cases, the hang-up is going to be a combination of more than one factor in varying degrees. For my wife it was 5 with a touch of 4. It definitely took a lot of work to get her to look past other people's nudity; less so to get her to accept that there was nothing "undignified" about being naked around nudists.Thoughts?

After having kids i go with number 1

This post was edited

My exwife wasnt nudist friendly and has become less so since our divorce. Perhaps gaining 60-80 lbs. has changed her image of her own body.
My quandry is more related to dating. I'm afraid it's best not to mention nudism at all much less to target nudist women or nudist friendly women. But I'm open to any golden unicorn women who at least aren't afraid of social nudity.

This post was edited

i think a lot of you afraid to say it , Religioin is a big one why many people of both gender see it as wrong imoral and as something dirty and sexual . Especially women brougt up under or in strict religious culture or homes, Some get past it on their own but it often comes back as it did with mine , and they turn their back on nudism or as a naturist.. I know some of you will issue with my comments i jsut say look farther than your mirror !

This post was edited

guess when we get older we just don't care what people think of us anymore and our confidence growsExactly!!True for me, but the opposite for my wife.While she was rarely nude at home (and never in public) now that she is older and a little heavier, she almost never is except in the shower.

I would agree in the same light for my wife. Never nude in public and typically wearing something while at home. It has been rare to have her nude outside of showering. I think it is primarily the religious factor and thinking her looks are not good enough. I see the same thing from people who speak about seeing people nude and making disparaging remarks. They fail to understand it is not about looks but the freedom to be nude. Last year we went to a nude beach but she stayed in her swim suitunfortunately, she did not feel comfortable being around nude people that were doing nothing more than anyone else at the beach. It is a mindset.

This post was edited