No Rope, No Chalk...No Clothes - The Purest Form Of Climbing? (Nude Climbing Video)

No Rope, No Chalk...No Clothes - The Purest Form Of Climbing?

From EpicTV.comThere has always been a desire amongst climbers to strive for the purest style of ascent, the most natural style if you will, the one least encumbered by artificial assistance and closest to the climbing practiced by other animals. Trad climbing is obviously a purer method of ascent than sport climbing. But trad climbing still requires plenty of gear and is nowhere near as natural as soloing. So then, soloing must be the purest form of climbing...right? It's just you, your shoes, your chalk and the rock. How could that be any simpler? Well this video of David Fust might just change your view on that. He not only solo climbs without shoes or chalk, but without anything else at all. Naked on the rock, he takes climbing back to its primeval routes and comes as close as possible to the animals he seeks to emulate.

This topic was edited
RE:No Rope, No Chalk...No Clothes - The Purest Form Of Climbing? (Nude Climbing Video)

Theres a few climbers on here that enjoy naked climbing and bouldering. Not sure no shoes and chalk is part of their wheelhouse. This is new...definitely the purest form of climbing for sure.

Should try this over a cliff overlooking a body of water... But love his choices for climbing. Seems like amazing rock to climb on.

This post was edited
RE:No Rope, No Chalk...No Clothes - The Purest Form Of Climbing? (Nude Climbing Video)

When i was younger and first started climbing, I would climb without shoes. I could only afford a rope, harness, and a few safeties for top roping. It worked out well, and there were some advantages. Now I am older nude boldering is great. And no shoes is fine.

One of the reasons I like nudity is I feel my surroundings more. With climbing , the sun and the wind are obvious. However, there is more to experience. The rock radiating warmth in the cool afternoon. The sweat on your skin from straining to hold on. and the layers of fine dust that settle on you after a fall. There is still more, when with others you can feel their passion in conversation. The heat coming of their body. The waves of air as they gesticulate their words. Climbing with people amplifies this. Not only can you hear and see them describe the problems you can feel then describe it too. Its worth it to be totally nude.

This post was edited