great beach day

I went to Gunnison yesterday and had a great day. The weather was pretty much perfect and there was a nice crowd. They have put down the sand mat (mobi-mat) and it goes all the way down to the lifeguard shack. It was nice to see it and sure makes walking to the beach much easier. I may go next Tuesday weather depending.

This topic was edited
RE:great beach day

Thanks for the report. Did they add additional mats to make it even longer than last year?

This post was edited

Great to hear about the mats. I went last week and none were there.

This post was edited

Mats? Lifeguard shack? All we have in Victoria is sand, since the CO beaches are out of the way! Getting envious of northern hemispherians about now! Low 50s here now!

This post was edited

Mats? Lifeguard shack? All we have in Victoria is sand, since the CO beaches are out of the way! Getting envious of northern hemispherians about now! Low 50s here now!
Clothing optional beaches are rare in the USA. To the best of my knowledge, the next one heading south is Haulover, just north of Miami, which is over 1,000 mile from Gunnison, which is just south of New YorkCity.

This post was edited

Thanks for the update about the mats. That is great they have extended them that far. They had to do something. They raised the parking lot fee and took away a good chunk of the beach that we were able to walk naked on. I also heard that Ferry Service from NYC to the beach will be back in operation this summer so hopefully the traffic getting into the parking tolls will be a lot faster this summer. Here is to a great summer at Gunnison.

This post was edited

I think they did, at least from what I remember in prior years. The mat goes all the way to the lifeguard shack so you can walk pretty far towards the water on them. I usually cut off to head all the way to the right side of the beach but still a welcome addition.

This post was edited

I agree with you on that, used to be nice to be able to walk down the beach heading south and be naked. I wouldn't chance it personally but there were lots of folks who were walking there naked the other day.

This post was edited

Thanks a lot for the slice of information. Happy to hear of them extending the sand-mat all the way to the lifeguard tower. I trust the ban on booze and tobacco I still in effect.

This post was edited

Headed to Gunnison over the 4th. Last.summer was first.time.visit and enjoyed it so.going back this summer.

This post was edited

Im going to take my first trip to gunnison later in July, going to make it a weekend trip leave early Friday morning then come back to Pittsburgh Saturday night. Going to also drive naked as much as possible. Rob

This post was edited