Having a hard time

My spouse died in a horrific vehicular accident two days ago and I am lost. I know others on here have somewhat similar experiences. I also lost my mother in February and I had COVID-19 shortly after that. I am a long hauler from it. My husband helped me so much though that and now there are times I just don't know what to do. I hope this was ok to post as I don't want to offend anyone.

This topic was edited
RE:Having a hard time

Yes, it's okay to post. Talking about your loss helps you accept it and move past the pain. At least it does for me. I lost my husband of 25 years last week and it's been the most challenging emotional event of my life. Highs and lows, loneliness, fear, guilt and so many other bad emotions. But I'm starting to focus on all of the beautiful and wonderful memories. That's what's getting me through.

This post was edited

Stay as busy as you can, it helps to fill the daytime hours, but the nights are a bit harder to deal with. I have been widowed for 15 years and still have those lonely feelings from time to time. It is a hole in your life that will never be filled but will get smaller as time passes.

This post was edited

I too have experienced the loss of a loved one 9 years ago and now find myself at another crucial juncture in my life, but I am making plans to fulfill a dream of mine, actually the possibilities of two as I woke up this morning with a thought in my head. I am possibly taking an early retirement and purchase a small plot of land way out in the country and building a small off grid cabin to live and take in the fresh air (in the nude of course because yes it will be that secluded and it would cut down on laundry ;-)
Grieving a loss is important but please don't let it consume you. Ponder my advice as I speak of experience. You have a lot to live for and You have to live for YOU!
Take good care of yourself guys!

This post was edited