RE:great beach day

yes, ban on booze & smoking still in effect but plenty of smokers on the beach. I don't care so much about the smoke as long as they don't throw their butts in the sand

This post was edited

hope you have good weather for your trip to Gunnison. Daily parking is now $15 if you arrive after 7AM. I only live 30 minutes away so I go early and avoid the fee. Plus I feel like the morning is the best part of the day there

This post was edited

hope you have good weather for your trip to Gunnison. Daily parking is now $15 if you arrive after 7AM. I only live 30 minutes away so I go early and avoid the fee. Plus I feel like the morning is the best part of the day there

When you turn 62, you can get a national park pass and daily or seasonal parking will be half price, and most national parks, recreation areas, historic sites, etc, will have free or reduced admission.

This post was edited

hope you have good weather for your trip to Gunnison. Daily parking is now $15 if you arrive after 7AM. I only live 30 minutes away so I go early and avoid the fee. Plus I feel like the morning is the best part of the day thereWhen you turn 62, you can get a national park pass and daily or seasonal parking will be half price, and most national parks, recreation areas, historic sites, etc, will have free or reduced admission.

I guess you haven't arrived after 7:00 this year. Parking is now $20 regular, $10 with National Parks Senior Pass. I went yesterday. Beach was a little too hot and water a little too cool, but not a bad day.

This post was edited

Hey Rob,
Hope you enjoy your couple of days at Gunnison Beach. I try to get there one or two days a week but don't go on weekends to avoid the crowds. Make sure you get there early on Saturday if it's a nice day. Gunnison parking lot gets full quickly. I went yesterday and had an awesome day. It was cloudy at first but then the sun came out and it was beautiful.

This post was edited