Any news on a new restaurant?

Have they built a new one or are planning on doing it before the season starts? I really hope so because that just brings out the quality of the whole resort, in my opinion.

This topic was edited
RE:Any news on a new restaurant?

I understand a new restaurant is in the plans. For right now they have a food truck servicing all their customers. Opening weekend is currently planned for the last weekend in April. I may wait till it gets warmer before I venture into the mountains.

This post was edited

I spoke to someone in the front office a couple weeks ago. She said they've got a contractor for the restaurant repairs lined up, but it will be a while before they can reopen. They are expecting it to reopen this summer, they just don't know exactly when yet. Food truck with same limited menu as last year will be there from opening weekend until then. Speaking of which, May 7-9 is Member Appreciation weekend, May 14-16 is opening weekend. Last weekend of April is when they turn on the water for seasonal occupants. Full summer calendar is up at https://sunnyrest.com/events/

This post was edited

Restaurant update May 2021: it won't reopen until 2022 at the earliest. So for this year they've paved part of what used to be the sand volleyball courts by the pool and built a concession stand at the far end. Menu is pretty much everything they used to serve in the restaurant minus the plated entrees. So think salads, sandwiches, burgers, pizza, etc. Volleyball courts have been moved up next to the tennis courts.

This post was edited

Yeah I saw that on their facebook page just recently. It's kind of a bummer it won't be open this year. Btw do you know what they are doing with the space where the restauarant was at? Like is it more poolside seating or are they just leaving it as an unused empty space?

This post was edited