RE:Growing old not so gracefully

Paul Simon sang "I'm older than I once was, younger than I'll be, that's not unusual."We can become old farts, but there are plenty of young farts out there too.We can follow media with its cartoonish extremes, but who wants to be a living cartoon?We can only live in the here and now and control what we can control. That's why I focus more on my routines and habits than results. A goal of 6 packs in unattainable alone, but one of regular exercise, healthy food and sufficient sleep will provide better results.One day at a time, young or old, it's all attitude and gratitude.Aging vertically beats the alternative.You are all beautiful and the only thing keeping you from that beauty is perfection.

That last line. The only thing keeping you from that beauty is perfection. Brilliant.

This post was edited

My advice ...I look pretty fit for the age. I am a medical wreck but I don't let on. Just sit up in your chair straight and not drool when you speak. :D

This post was edited

I was there... Took me a bit to realize it. My Primary doctor started getting on my case about weight and blood pressure early on for me hitting 49. I had gotten into that spiral of sitting all weekend. For the past 3 years now, I have worked hard to change that. I started Hormone Replacement Therapy. I did not realize how much testosterone impact the body beyond the reproductive functions. It his everything including your metabolism. A couple of weeks after I started taking it, I found I could not sit still and had to keep moving so I ended up as the guy frequently. Has been one of the best things for me and has been a game changer on my overall health. It has given me the motivation to push myself. It also has changed my attitude and how I view things an life. Not in a funk or feeling my age (soon 52). Age is more of a number now more than anything. Hormone Replacement did take a bit to get used to, I opted for self injections over pellet implants. I tired the pellets and they don't dissolve at a consistent pace or rate so its up one day and down the next. Also they are very expensive ($1200 for 6 months). The injections are 2 a week and its about $42 every 2 months. It does help with the libido, shortly after starting, the signs be being 20 again with the mornings. I have down well with my weight, I was a lot of flab at 49 and have been changing over to muscle. As with anything you do there is a level of effort required, you get out of it what you put in to. Hormone replacement has been working here, may have a different effect on others, we each have a unique chemistry test as genetics go.

This post was edited

I was there... Took me a bit to realize it. ...

Sorry I really don't know what you want to say us. I think it must be a warning not to do that because it sounds horrible.

This post was edited

At the end of the day we all have to accept the fact we are going to get older. The question for me is HOW do you want to get older? Personally I try to stay as active as I can. I exercise and watch my diet, nothing obsessive but if I over indulge one day I cut back a bit the day after, easy. Overcoming a serious medical problem a number of years ago it would have been very simple to just take life easy. But that only leads to more problems so I decided to stay as fit and active as possible. Not everyone can do that of course and some days I struggle to find the motivation to get off my backside. But being single I want to stay as independent as possible for as long as possible and that too is a great motivator.

This post was edited

When younger, I was in the Army. I had an eightpack at times without even trying. After the Army I was in Emergency Services and always had a flat stomach and tight buns, not bad guns either and was always proud of my broad chest. But we age, I knew Id most likely go bald on top. Im quite happy that a haircut now is just running the clippers over whats left haha. Now the stray hairs grow long in my eyebrows, the top is just skin, and the body hair spread. I was never one of the model looking guys when young but I did turn eyes when even semi naked. I feel the most important thing is to just be oneself. Real nudism/naturism isnt about age or looks, its about simply being comfortable in ones own skin. Ok, so we all looked better younger from some points of view. Silly girls and queens can be insulting, and offensive. Just get over it, isnt really helpful either. Perhaps be happy you had what you once had. The early fitness will see your good health last longer as long as you didnt overdo things when young and fit. The injuries we thought we had recovered from back then come back after fifty. I even call it overfiftyitis. I did many things as a soldier and an ES worker others could not do or would not do. Im grateful my body was good enough, and strong enough, back then to do those things for others while I could. I cant do the exercise I once did due to my former careers. So embrace the keg, youre older and hopefully wiser. Try to be grateful for people who accept you for who you are and not what you look like. And push yourself just a little to get back out naked. Look around you, therell be many in the same boat. Many who never had the lean muscular bodies we once had. Just be you.

This post was edited

Hey Sam. Body beautiful is not the issue. It's frame of mind and acceptance of continuing change, without regret, that fills the bill. Anticipate the joy of the coming years and enjoy each day. From a dude old enough to be your father "bragging rights"

This post was edited

As a 75 year old retired physician, welcome to the getting older body club. The only way to attempt to stay in shape is to work out daily, eat non-fat food, shave that hair or get manscaped, and then get back into the nudist groove. Personally, I am shrinking (used to be 6'3 now 6'1 inch tall, had so much different surgery in the past 10 years that my belly is sagging and somewhat flabby, it covers the penis and makes it look smaller than it is, etc. Well, I remain enjoying being nude and being with nudists and sharing stories and chats and swimming nude, etc. You cannot change getting older you can only deal with it to look the best you can. Stay a open and loving nudist!
Hickguy

This post was edited

I'm in my 60's carrying a few extra kilos "not to many though" and balding, but I love the beach and getting naked, sure I would love to look how I used to but that is not going to happen. So just enjoy going, strip off and enjoy yourself and if you look around there are plenty of people who look the same.

This post was edited

Im in my early 50s and most of you who posted here might say that Im still too young to worry about growing old ungracefully. As I hit my 40s I started feeling my body changing. At one time, I was 200 lbs and I didnt like the way I feel and my blood pressure and cholesterol went up as well. I also noticed that most menas they grow older, they tend to just let go and didnt bother to take care of themselves physically, mentally and emotionally. Also, I see a lot of people men and women, as they grow older, the first thing that they lose is their flexibility. When I see theseI get scared. Thats when I decided to change the way I lived especially the way I eat. I did all these changes merely for medical purposes and not to look good nor catch up with what the society is expecting us to be. When my weight dropped significantly, my blood pressure normalized and also my cholesterol level went down. Then I started doing stretching exercise to maintain my flexibility. I dont like going to gyms so I took some alternative exercises like walking and biking. Doing this regularly is very important to get results. My body has its own flaw but Im ok. Getting older is hard. we all come in all shapes and sizes. What is important is that we are comfortable in our own skin and body. Take care of your own body for yourself and for your kids and not for anyone or the societies opinion. Be happy and enjoy being naked.

This post was edited