RE:Is masturbation sin?

Nope. We humans have been doing it for thousands of years. It is natural, and also promotes good mental and physical health.

This post was edited

Kids should never be scolded, punished, etc. for experimenting with and exploring their bodies, on the contrary, they should be encouraged to do so!! The concept of it being "sinful", comes mainly from the story of Onan. Sin is a man-made concept, there is no sin in nature!!!

And most mistake "the sin of Onan" to masturbation. It wasn't that. It was failure to try to provide a male offspring on behalf of his late brother to his brother's widowed wife, who was still childless. Back then, there was no "safety net" for the elderly widows, so for them to be cared for, required the eldest son to take his mother in in her old age. (Thus why Jesus, as He was dying, assigned care for His mother Mary over to John, son of Zebedee, one of His disciples.) That was their version of "Social Security."

As an interesting aside, some members of the Jewish High Court, the Sanhedrin, question Jesus about this subject, with the hypothetical eldest brother marrying, dying childless, #2 marrying her and also dying childless, and so on till #7. "So, Jesus, whose wife will she be at the resurrection?" Now the irony of the thing was, the people who were challenging Him were "Saducees," a sect of Judaism which denied the resurrection and the existence of the spiritual world. Anywho. too long an answer.

This post was edited

If the Bible is the standard in your life, then masturbation is not sinful.

Onanism is another word for masturbation. But Onan didn't get into trouble for masturbating.

Onan's older brother died without producing a son. It fell upon his younger brother to produce a son for him. However, Onan wasn't married and didn't have any sons of his own -- and didn't want his own first-born son to legally belong to his older (and dead) brother. On the other hand, Onan had to trouble with fucking Tamar. However, he'd pull out and shoot his load on the ground.

In the end, Tamar tricked Judah (Onan's Dad) into fucking her by pretending to be a whore -- and, yeah, she got pregnant and had her son.

And that's the ONLY reference in the Bible to masturbation and it clearly has nothing whatever to do with masturbation.

And people think the Bible is boring.

This post was edited

do it daily i believe its good for my health and also very enjoyable :)

This post was edited

I have noticed at the age of 63 now. If I dont do it for a week. Its a lot harder to finish. If I do it every couple of days I seem to be harder and still function great. And sometimes I just need to really have a release

This post was edited

No.

This post was edited

I think it was Dr. James Dobson, who is kinda like a Christian Dr. Phil only with a bigger mouth, once said "Masturbation is probably the least of God's worries". There's nothing wrong with it until you get addicted. Then you have a problem! For men, our bodies self masturbates itself periodically to release old semen. This is the nocturnal or wet dream phenomenon. Nothing wrong with helping your body along at times.

I asked a question in another Christian group on here if anyone agreed that masturbation is major sin and I feel like I got ripped in what I said because I am giving up masturbation. So I will ask you all about the same thing, is masturbation a sin?

This post was edited

I dont believe it is sin either, in fact, when couples share it openly and intimatly in mutual masturbation it allows the partner to really get a good look at where the other is receiving pleasure.... We all respond to touch differently so this shared masturbation can truely open the door to heightened states of ecstatic pleasure for both partners.

It has been my experience, that different Women enjoy and prefer different styles of touch on there vulva and clit. So i say, use masturbation to really get to know your body and your pertners body... you will both reap the pleasure and orgasmic rewards from it.

This post was edited

Notice the design of the human body, specifically the length of our arms and where that puts our hands conveniently at crotch level.

This post was edited

Devine Creation.. doesnt get any more perfect then the human body

This post was edited