RE:Clothing Optional Venues

Bravo John glad for ya both, respect is the keys to happy living

This post was edited

Minnyme humor is good medicines for what ails folks. She may laugh w/o you seeing. Keep poking fun on topic.

This post was edited

What I find interesting is that there are plenty of places that are clothing optional, except that the pool(s), spa(s), hot tub(s), et cetera. Require nudity. Und I guess because a lot of the places are nudist/clothing optional, I've heard more than a few describe themselves as being "bare as you dare."

Why can't we all just be nude?

This post was edited

What I find interesting is that there are plenty of places that are clothing optional, except that the pool(s), spa(s), hot tub(s), et cetera. Require nudity. Und I guess because a lot of the places are nudist/clothing optional, I've heard more than a few describe themselves as being "bare as you dare."Why can't we all just be nude?

There are couples or friends where one doesn't want to be nude in public, but is OK going to a clothing optional location with the one who does.

This post was edited

At some of the C/O resorts I've visited, where the pool/hot-tub/central area is clearly designated as Nude Mandatory, I've found that non-nudist accompanying wives tend to steer away from these areas. For example at a nudist RV park I visited, the non-nudist wives could be found sitting by their RV/camper and didn't really venture away much. I can respect that and it's not "distracting."

When there is a sign at the pool area entrance by the showers saying: "Nudity is mandatory beyond this point", or "Please shower before entering the pool area", it doesn't leave much room for interpretation. Those that aren't ready can turn and come back when they are. That keeps everyone in the pool area naked.

That's why I'm a supporter of a strict guideline when it comes to designating "C/O vs Nude Mandatory" areas. I know it helped my wife in the beginning; as she realized when she got to the shower area, that at that point and to move forward, she was going to have to be completely naked like everyone else in there.

This post was edited

The concept of "clothing optional" was lost when management and staff either refused to enforce the rules or got tired of enforcing the rules. Clothing Optional was developed so that new people could have a period of adjustment to nudity. Wearing a sarong, a cover up or remaining completely clothed and venturing out into the RV park or resort to see what goes on and if they'd like to partake. These nude parks and resorts stopped enforcing the rule that, after a period of adjustment, you either got naked to went home. For us, we prefer this rule and wish it would be enforced but it's been too long and it will never be enforced in many of the clothing optional clubs or resorts.

My wife needs to be careful in the sun. She's had several pre cancerous and cancerous spots removed. Years and years of sunbaking on some very fair Irish/French/Dutch white skin. She still remains naked while under an umbrella or in the shade. She still gets reflected sun from the pool and after a few hours of that, she may put on a shirt but she takes it off when we get in the pool. In these cases, a hard and fast rule of mandatory nudity doesn't make sense when you also preach health and well being and suggest annual dermatology visits to ensure you catch skin cancers early.

I think if you're going to go to a nude/clothing optional resort and stay completely dressed, either stay home or remain at your room or camping spot. As stated in the OP's post, there are 100's- 1000's of places you can go to remain clothed. Why go to a place to be nude and remain clothed. If you have a significant other that is opposed to being nude or seeing others nude, they should stay home, otherwise, they, in my opinion, are nothing more than voyeurs. Why else would they go to see naked people and they remain clothed so no one can see them nude? Nudism was about there being a level playing field. When someone refused to be nude in a nudist environment, the playing field is not level.

This post was edited

Andy made a point that I have seen at our own club with management perhaps have given up on enforcement. It's gone from nudity only club to then members who I seldom saw nude. It was strict enforcement in the pool area however but now this year bathing suits are allowed. I have zero clue how that came about but it did and thus far it's mainly the young ones and only an occasional adult.

No we don't necessary agree with that decision what so ever but then we don't own the place. Take it or leave it is the choice no matter where one attends what ever the management calls.

This post was edited

Andy made a point that I have seen at our own club with management perhaps have given up on enforcement. It's gone from nudity only club to then members who I seldom saw nude. It was strict enforcement in the pool area however but now this year bathing suits are allowed. I have zero clue how that came about but it did and thus far it's mainly the young ones and only an occasional adult.No we don't necessary agree with that decision what so ever but then we don't own the place. Take it or leave it is the choice no matter where one attends what ever the management calls.

Not sure if your club is in this position, Rock, but many clubs and resorts don't want to turn ANYONE away because they are struggling to make ends meet. Bending the rules, in their eyes, isn't throwing in the towel but in our opinion, it's getting really close to that. What I find frustrating is the negative attitudes toward clubs and resorts by the nudists so against these venues. Once they are gone, they are gone. We're losing nude beaches and with clubs and resorts closing or going textile, pretty soon, you'll only have your home and backyard to be naked. If we don't support these clubs and resorts, they will close or go textile and social nudism will shut down right with them.

Our club, won't even enforce nude tours anymore. They are afraid they will turn away potential guests and members. Used to be, you visited our club for the first time, a staff member gave you a tour and the guide and guests got naked. Nowadays, the guests touring and the staff guide remain clothed. Even the tour guides don't take their clothes off anymore. The tours take place and the nudists walking the grounds naked, lounging by the pool, having lunch while nude are all looked at like some kind of zoo exhibit.

This post was edited

Wow, Andy ... I can't believe GE has gone that route. I can't imagine Art supporting this. Is he still the manager?

Don

This post was edited

Don,

Yup, Art's still the manager!
I can't either but to be honest, We aren't there all the time and hardly ever on weekends but during the week, this is what we are seeing. We see Art from time to time. He knows us and waves but he always seems to be in a hurry to get someplace. Hardly see him without his clothes on or a handy talky in his hand. To be fair, we're not privy to what or why this is a trend but maybe these tours and guests are also "clothing optional!"

GE just opened all the way back up. They are being cautious and going at this venture with retaining the recommendations of the CDC and the county. We are happy about that. If you're fully vaccinated, the place is wide open for use but if you're not, you're supposed to wear a mask. How do you really know! hahaha Front office staff and cafe staff still must wear masks.

This post was edited