RE:First Time to Lake Powell

Really I felt overwhelmed my first time planning. The lake is so big you won't see it all but I guarantee you will see a lot and have fun it's an amazing lake

This post was edited

We have decided to postpone for now. We have only had the boat one year and the plan was to keep it dry (from winter storage) until we put in at Lake Powell due to restrictions for invasive species. However, we are thinking the maiden voyage of the year probably should not be done so far from home on a boat we have only known for one season. We may go later in the summer, but will have to have it cleaned before putting into Lake Powell. Does anyone know what the expectations are for cleaning to put in at LP?

This post was edited

https://www.nps.gov/glca/learn/nature/mussel-decontamination.htm

We just came back and the water level is alarming. Houseboats are being pulled out of the water before they get stuck. Was a very sad thing to see.

This post was edited

You do not have to clean or decontaminate your vessel before launching ( unless it is filthy and encrusted with Quaga mussels ). However, when you leave the lake, the boat will have to be inspected and tagged on the boat ramp. If any mussels are found on the boat at this time, the boat will have to be decontaminated before the vessel can be transported. Check AZ Game and Fish website and Utah Dept. of Natural Resources website for details.

This post was edited

Back to going. Planning on getting there around June 16th and put in at Bull Frog and spend about 5-7 days on the lake. I talked with someone from Fish and Game, or whatever the Utah Natural Resources is called, and was given the information I need to put my boat in after being transported from Michigan. I know the water levels are low.... so we hope we can still enjoy the lake as much as possible.

I hope to spend as much time naked as possible and enjoy as many scenic vistas as I can. If we can find quiet enough coves my wife will hopefully join me in shedding her suit.

Any last minute tips from anyone? (places to see, hazards to avoid, etc)

This post was edited

We just got back have an extra prop for your motor. The water level is crazy low and it is easy to bend a prop. Check with Bull Frog and make sure the ramp is open before you start the last 2 hours to the lake then you can adjust to another ramp. After seeing the lake I doubt the ramps (all of them) will be hope by July without some crazy rain.

This post was edited

Bull Frog:
Bullfrog Main Launch Ramp

Closed

Only the north ramp is open - FYI

This post was edited

Be Advised all boat ramps at Bull Frog are now closed. You can not launch from Bull Frog.

This post was edited