Naked Hiking Day tomorrow?

Tomorrow is Naked Hiking Day! Anyone near Denver or along the Front Range planning a naked hike? Im planning to visit MAR tomorrow to get in a naked hike. Anyone else planning to be there? I could be talked into going somewhere else if you know of a good spot. Anyway naked hiking is always more fun with a friend or two, so let me know if youd like to meet up.

This topic was edited
RE:Naked Hiking Day tomorrow?

Where do you hear about stuff like this?

Its been around for a while, but I dont know the history of it. In the past, Ive seen a few random Facebook posts about it. This year, I Googled it and learned its tomorrow. This will be my first year to actually celebrate it. The weather should be perfect here for being outside.

This post was edited

Awesome thanks for sharing. I will plan to honor it also!

Can't wait to see pics from your hike, bud. You inspire me!

This post was edited

Where do you hear about stuff like this?

I also don't know much about the history but it is always on the first day of summer. I'll be working tomorrow so won't be able to participate but I can't wait to see the great pics you both will share.

This post was edited

Naked Hiking Day is one of three popular "naked days" that I am aware of. Naked Gardening Day (first Saturday of May I believe), Naked Hiking Day (June 21), and Naked Biking Day (not sure). Naked Gardening Day is the most popular worldwide. The Orient Land Trust (a.k.a., Valley View Hot Springs) observes this. In two attempts to participate there, I have failed for one reason or another. Next year for sure. I usually get out for Naked Hiking Day. This year myself and another TN member knocked out a 5-mile hike.

This post was edited

Naked Hiking Day is actually on the Summer Solstice (June 21st, or June 20th, depending on the year). Many in the Southern hemisphere mark it on their summer solstice (winter solstice for us in the Northern hemisphere).

I celebrate equinoxes and solstices, but it's the summer solstice where I really want to get out for a hike. It's also a good opportunity for a group hike. A few people that are thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail strip down on solstice, then continue hiking normally (textile) after solstice. I'll try hike (walk) on winter solstice, but that would be very cold for me. On equinox, I like to lie flat on the dirt/grass and feel the earth, then lie on the rocks in the sun for a while. Good thing we get about 300 days of sunshine.

There are also nude hikes on solstice throughout the world, so you really just have to do some searching for the place you plan on being for solstice.

This post was edited

World Naked Biking Ride (WNBR) is not tied to a specific day. It's generally when it's warm enough and is often an organized ride on a weekend. Some cities have a hunted or more riders. Seattle, Portland, Bristol...

Boulder used to have one and the city started cracking down eventually and killed it. Denver had one for many years after, but I have not hear about it still going on. I know the cities that I listed are still going strong. They coordinate with the city, get permits, and the police are present as they are with all marches, parades or rides. You just have to stick to the route and obey traffic laws.

I was going to ride in Boulder, but they shut it down. It's on my bucket list. I've done my own mountain bike rides, but I don't have a specific date to tie it to. I prefer naked hiking day.

This post was edited