Bad Manners

Why do some people on this site seem to have bad manners when replying

This topic was edited
RE:Bad Manners

Because some people have bad manners full stop! Although online platforms seem to make things worse.

This post was edited

Sometimes a reply from someone who is just hellbent on leaching their venom onto you, can leave you wondering what brought that on.
They are so vehemently opposed to your post that they cant just keep quiet, they must have their say.
You can have the same thing in the chatroom on the private side. Those with bad manners just leave the chat suddenly without the usual goodbye, or speak again soon type of thing. Its just like having a telephone conversation with someone and they just put the phone down when they have decided they dont want to talk anymore. It is very rude and extremely annoying. I usually block them when they do that to me, so there's no chance of them doing it again, and Ive blocked lots already.

This post was edited

There are far too many rude people in the real world for me to be concerned about, unless I wanted to drive myself insane. I'm only interested in those whom I have contact with at the time, and that's enough for me.

This post was edited

I have lived a day or two and have seen many changes socially throughout my life. Personally I think the worst thing that ever happened to society was the coming of the internet. A long time ago in a far less technical world people used to communicate. Not always agreeing but respecting others points of view. Since joining TN I have become acquainted with many nude loving people, I have also seen and read threads from those who appear to think their views are the only ones that should count. I have had TN friends that have had ideas and beliefs that differ greatly from mine. Some have listened as I relayed, hopefully, in a non condescending manner and we have been able to remain good TN friends. Then there are those that I have expressed my difference of opinion, again I hope politely, that after reading immediately have unfriended me. So sad! Rudeness has NO place here. If people, (nudists especially), cant have differences of opinion and continue to respect others differences then the cancel culture has won.

This post was edited

I agreed

This post was edited

This may seem a little out of left field, but I often relate these people to the butt-heads in Forest Gump. Those types seem to enjoy trying to pester or belittle others...but Forest, the simple person, responds with a wisdom that is beyond their reach. We will always have butt-heads but remember who comes out ahead in the end. Press on Forest.

This post was edited

someone else mentioned the trail off in the chat room. I find it bothersome when someone just abruptly stops chatting one on one. Unless my power is cut, I try to always end of the chat with a simple good bye / signing off now to let the other person know not to look for any more messages from me. i will admit to sometimes telling a little white lie about needing to streak along when honestly i am bored with the chat.
But if someone does go to topics of incest or something with kids I do tell them a stern GOODBYE and block them

In the main chatroom folks are all over the place in rudeness. I had one guy accuse me a killing his grandparents because he and i did not agree on COVID. That conversation would not have happened had we been soaking in a conversation pool at a nudist resort, but the anonymity provide online it seems anything goes.

This post was edited

Personally I think the worst thing that ever happened to society was the coming of the internet. A long time ago in a far less technical world people used to communicate. Not always agreeing but respecting others points of view.

Yep, the cell phone as well, especially social media and texting. In the past youd have a conversation with a person face to face or at least in a, get this, voice phone call. In conversations of the past you would get intonation, facial, a body language adding to the discussion and helping to clarify viewpoints. You still might disagree with the other person but youd discuss it and say something like, Have you thought about this, or, What if you look at it this way. But with the Internet, people just go straight to saying youre a dumb ass and then move on to something else. Thus the sad environment we have where trying to understand anothers viewpoint is not done and compromise has become a dirty word.

This post was edited