Pandemic Bodies

As we are starting to emerge from the Pandemic in the US (we need to help vaccinate the world!). I am confronting how my body has changed over the past year. Stress, isolation, being at home instead of walking around town during my normal work life has resulted in weight gain. Now, my pre-pandmic clothes don't fit (making me even less interested in wearing clothes lol)
My new body is not bad, it is a result of survival. I am focusing on celebrating it, focusing on health and reconnecting with people now that required social distance fades away.
Maybe you are having a similar experience? I'm interested in members' thoughts about their pandemic bodies.

This topic was edited
RE:Pandemic Bodies

@clothesfreematt - I feel like this pandemic has been going on since I retired from the Navy in 2013. I maintained a good fitness lifestyle while in. Then....it all fell apart. What opened my eyes to being, out of shape, was the fact dressing rooms were no longer open to try on clothing. So, purchasing and taking it home to realize youre TOO FAT to fit into them....made me realize I needed a change. So, Im down 28 since the new year, and on my way to 109 more. I refuse to buy any more pants or shorts....I have closets full of many different sizes, that will keep me clothed for the office, and when neighbors are around.

This post was edited

I stayed in shape but grew a "Covid bush". First time I've had pubes in years.

This post was edited

Love that bush brother!

This post was edited

As we are starting to emerge from the Pandemic in the US (we need to help vaccinate the world!). I am confronting how my body has changed over the past year. Stress, isolation, being at home instead of walking around town during my normal work life has resulted in weight gain. Now, my pre-pandmic clothes don't fit (making me even less interested in wearing clothes lol)My new body is not bad, it is a result of survival. I am focusing on celebrating it, focusing on health and reconnecting with people now that required social distance fades away.Maybe you are having a similar experience? I'm interested in members' thoughts about their pandemic bodies.

So true, survival and isolation and yet emerging or in my case remaining naked and happy. A true celebration of life, my body, and difficult times.

This post was edited

I returned to yoga classes twice a week pre pandemic then the teacher changed to zoom sessions and I can practice seriously 5 times a week. With that and a bit less food intake I have trimmed down to 75kgs and my body strength has increased overall feeling a lot healthier.

This post was edited

The pandemic helped me get more rested. I didn't realize how tiring commuting was and am glad to work now mostly from home. My gym was closed for about three months and fortunately I've stayed pretty much the same. It might help to have a bad back I need to stretch and train regularly or I get messed up. Otherwise I believe the idea of weight as being stored blessings we can get during a pandemic to survive a famine is good. The tricky part is to realize we can have gratitude without that second handful of whatever is in front of us. It's a bit like knowing we have to survive a long winter ahead, but choosing to put on no clothes when we have two sweaters in front of us.

This post was edited