bug bites

the other day i was raking up and shredding pine straw in my yard needless to say i live in the south and got tore up by chigger bites so to late for me yeah i sprayed the yard a few days later but i love being outside in my yard so i had to search for some defense next time - Avon original skin so soft now people swear by this and mine hasn't arrived yet but curious anyone use it ? i know there are other things on market so what works for you ?

This topic was edited
RE:bug bites

They have not bothered me in many years, but when I was little we'd get em bad and my mother would mix table salt into margarine and use it for a salve on the bites. It worked I think. I do not remember it not working at least.

This post was edited

i've done a lot of hiking and camping and this is the first time they tore me up, i sprayed my yard down good the other day hopefully it took most of them out. i still need to do one other section but after my bite experience i'm apprehensive lol . i did read up on them long sleeves and pants and shower good after and wash the clothes right away. if it wasn't in view of my neighbor i'd do it nude and spray myself down than hose off.

This post was edited

Bear in mind one thing: chiggers are different from ticks in that they don't stay attached. By the time you feel the itch, the chigger itself is long gone; think of the welt from a mosquito bite. So what you need is anything that works against rashes and itches.

This post was edited

thankfully that's true i've been bitten in past by a tick, the itch and rash from the chiggers lasted almost two weeks almost went nuts lol. i still have a bunch of pine straw to pick up and shred but will probably wait till fall.

This post was edited