Just a reminder; be a little more careful

I wanted to post this as a reminder to all of us; be a little more careful with your daily activities. Were all past 50 and the bumps & bruises come much more easily. Ive currently re-injured my lower back and it seems to get easier to do and takes longer to heal. Sometimes we need a reminder that we really dont need to climb the tree to prune the limb or lift the 4x4 posts in the bed of the truck alone. We really should save our selves to make sure the grandkids can use us for monkey bars even if for only a little while.

This topic was edited
RE:Just a reminder; be a little more careful

I'm past the stage of your caution. My career busted me up though I still try and plug away at it still today. These days my sons or Luann will help me out of my chair when obviously needed as sad as that it is to me. Your warning is very valid. My sons were rared on me saying "your never old enough to whoop the ole man." Well that worked for a while. :) I bleve by now they got the idea they may have the edge! :D

This post was edited

I spent my career in a profession where injuries, mild to severe, happened almost daily. While I was young and full of vigor and had no fear, I injured myself bad enough to go off the job several times. I had no fear of climbing 100ft aerial ladders and operating the large bore 1000 gallons per minute nozzles that sometimes got the tip of that ladder rocking forward and backward. I've fallen through the roof, onto the interior floor below, 3 times. Each of these times, I was able to jump back up and continue with my task at hand.

Nowadays, all those injuries have crept up and have taken their toll. My knees shake when I climb a 6ft a frame ladder. My body shakes if I get on the 8 ft a frame and all I can think about is how much it's going to hurt if I fall off the 16ft extension ladder. Needless to say, my sons in law and grandson do more and more of that stuff for me. My brain says, "absolutely, I can do this." My body is slapping my brain upside the head and saying, "what are you... nuts? Don't do that!" We hate to admit that we are getting older and can't or really shouldn't do some of the things our brain still tells us, "you can do this!"

Better to shelve the ego and live another day out of the hospital! ;DDD

This post was edited

LOL going throught the same things myself. Getting old sux!!! And not in a fun way! Still, i am still more active for someone my age.

This post was edited