New sit in kayak owner here. Tips/ideas/suggestions

Already owned sit on top tandem and a SUP, but new to sit in. Looking forward to getting the suit off once I shove off from shore.

This topic was edited
RE:New sit in kayak owner here. Tips/ideas/suggestions

Nice, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Kayaking nude is one of my favorite activities. What model of yak did you get? Mine is a pelican trailblazer it has a large cockpit area that's easy to get in and out of in case it does tip over. That is probably the biggest concern is being able to exit if needed. Some of the touring yaks have a tight cockpit area that may require some practice to exit if tipped over. Be sure to share your nude kayaking adventures.

This post was edited

Already owned sit on top tandem and a SUP, but new to sit in. Looking forward to getting the suit off once I shove off from shore.

Let see some pics when you get out there to try it! I have a sit on top, and love kayaking! With a river in my backyard, during the beginning of the pandemic, it was about the only thing to do, so I was out there almost every day! Can't wait to hear all about your maiden voyage!

This post was edited

Congrats on your new sit-in kayak, I own a sit-in as well and love being able to kayak nude.

Enjoy buddy

This post was edited

One thing I have found helpful is tear-away shorts. The ones I have are attached with snaps, makes it easy for removal once I get started, and for dressing before getting out once finished with little to no issues. I am thinking of making some on my own. Guides have said start with a size larger than needed and cut and add snaps as needed. I plan to make some out of a lighter and quick drying material.

This post was edited

I just got a new sit on top Lifetime angler kayak and went out nude kayaking yesterday. I had a great time but would be better if I had a nude buddy to go with me. The only thing I don't like about the kayak is the seat and the paddle. The seat is just a thin foam cushion and it was recommended to get a better seat in all the vids I watched. The paddle has a scoop at the end of the bar where it goes into the paddle head and this dumps water on you every time you paddle. This too was recommended to get a new paddle.

i have the same kayak they are pretty nice not to heavy as for the seat i agree i use the seat from my canoe it's basically a folding seat with a back made all the difference in the world - im sure you've seen similar on you tube. the paddle really not that bad has a nice length and you can get the slide on water cup things on ebay, amazon even than water gets by .

This post was edited

I just got a new sit on top Lifetime angler kayak and went out nude kayaking yesterday. I had a great time but would be better if I had a nude buddy to go with me. The only thing I don't like about the kayak is the seat and the paddle. The seat is just a thin foam cushion and it was recommended to get a better seat in all the vids I watched. The paddle has a scoop at the end of the bar where it goes into the paddle head and this dumps water on you every time you paddle. This too was recommended to get a new paddle.

I have a couple of Field and Stream paddles that I bought at Dick's Sporting Goods which are great! I've had them for over 6 years now and they're in great shape. I also bought a couple of cheap velcro pads that made them even more comfy for paddling!

This post was edited

velcro pads wrap around the paddle where your hands go to keep you from grabbing just a bare pole kinda like a glove-cushion.

This post was edited