RE:Should people be taking your picture?

We were at Haulover for Valentines Day weekend and noticed people taking selfies and had to have our shots in the background. It was so fun to experience the environment and the very nice weather!!! We will definitely be back to visit soon!

This post was edited

You're at a pubic place and outside. You should assume and accept the possibility that someone is taking your picture.

If you're at a private resort with a no-photo policy, you have a reasonable expectation that no one is taking your picture.

Regardless, really cannot speak to the "should" part of the question.

This post was edited

All but one of the hot spring I have been to ban cameras phones or any recording device on the grounds. Valley View allows cameras but ask that you not take photos of people without their permission.

All of the clubs/resorts I have been to allow phones and tablets and they provide stickers to put over your lenses so that you can use your devices without people worrying is your are taking their picture.

The only clothing optional "beach" I have been to is Hippie Hollow in Austin, TX. I don't remember there being any restrictions on cameras but it didn't matter that day as I was on the beach alone. There was a man in a boat that kept getting closer to the beach. In my case, I don't much care but I can see how it could be an issue for my wife and other women.

This post was edited

If anyone is worried about being photographed, they should stay away from public places.

This post was edited

I know in Canada there is nothing that can be done to stop your picture from being taken by anyone at any time. The law states that the only time pictures are not permitted is where there is an expectation of privacy. aka your home, washroom, change room, (You get the point) public places like beaches (Yes even nude beaches) is public and there is no expectation of privacy. so if someone was to take your picture they are allowed and you can do nothing to stop them. The only thing about this is, that picture is not permissible to be uploaded to any public forum without your consent. So if the person is only there to take pics that only they will ever look at then fine. but they cannot show the pic to anyone nor can the upload it without consent.

This post was edited

A nudist beach is a private setting. Everyone is showing her or his private parts. Making photos is only possible after getting consent. Anything else is voyeuristic behaviour. Of course you can make photos of the beach with nobody on it.

This post was edited

A nudist beach is a private setting.every nudist beach I have been on has been a public place. The issue of consent might well vary from country to country, in some places the consent us to publish. If people are taking general photos on the beach, or you happen to be in the background of a shot then I dont think you have much cause for objections. If someone is taking close up or candid shots without your permission then that is another matter, just as it might be if you were clothed. We can hardly argue that nudity/naturism is perfectly natural and then object if we happen to be caught in a photo while naked in a nudist beach.

This post was edited

Earlier this year I went to Birdie Beach NSW Australia (one of a few legally nude beaches on our East Coast) and there was a crew there taking a photo shoot of a naked young woman.

At first I thought it was all okay, but the crew were clothed and you really couldn't work out exactly what they were all doing all the time (there were three plus a body guard). Different shots at different angles I am certain picked up some of us in the background...

What 'peaves' me about this is that with the crew and body guard they could have done this most any beach even a clothed one...Some of us have probably been included in some magazine or website as 'background extras' and without our permission or payment!

This post was edited

Professional shots like you are describing almost guaranteed have it so the depth of field in the pictures is such that more than likely you are just a blur. Either way in the end youve most likely been photoshopped out of the picture.

This post was edited

Should you really care? Of course, it is possible that someone you know may come across your nude picture. Then again, it's possible that you may be struck by lightning on that nude beach or find that you have won the Grand Prize in the lottery.

This post was edited