RE:Roundheads

I think they are very British terms and certainly common during schooldays. They relate to British history so I think they make more sense in a British context. Such a pity that the circumcision rate in the UK is now so low.

This post was edited

Yes, it dates back to the English Civil War 1642 when the 2 sides were the Roundheads or Cavaliers, Fashion at the time was for curly locks as favoured by the Cavaliers, the more puritan Roundheads favoured close cropped hair.

Not quite sure when this became associated with circumcision though.

This post was edited

This is the first time I have ever heard that term. When I was born (in Northern California), I think circumcision was just done as a matter of course without input from the parents. I could be wrong on that, but that is what I seem to remember.

This post was edited

Yes, it dates back to the English Civil War 1642 when the 2 sides were the Roundheads or Cavaliers, Fashion at the time was for curly locks as favoured by the Cavaliers, the more puritan Roundheads favoured close cropped hair.Not quite sure when this became associated with circumcision though.

And I have cropped hair. Perfect match with my circumcised penis then lol

This post was edited

I thought circumcision was the norm when I was younger, my closest friends were all the same despite us being born in different hospitals in the city. Back then I suppose most parents would accept any advice given by a doctor, or indeed act in what they thought were the best interests of the child. Times have changed, people are less trusting of authority, and information/opinion easier to access... not always good!

I now know my circumcision is quite tight, the scar is flat and I don't have much loose skin on the shaft. Didn't realise there were different looser styles, never really gave it much thought to be honest.

This post was edited

Lucky you. I've always been in the minority - not that it ever bothered me. Good to see that countries like the US are keeping up high standards.

There's a lot of misinformation on key health issues and circumcision is yet another example of such good practices falling victim of very emotional debates, dubious claims on social media etc. Recent months have proved to be a fertile ground to controversies on vaccines, treatments etc. I am happy to follow medical advice and glad my parents had me circumcised. When I hear from blokes who suffer from a painful foreskin for years, I feel even happier, proud to be circumcised and get to enjoy such a trouble-free penis.

I only understood about the different circ styles when I discovered circlist. I am very glad with mine (looser than yours from what you said). My scar slightly shows the stiches marks. I think that tight circumcisions look very neat - but hey grass is always greener...

This post was edited

Well I started thinking it was the norm until I reached secondary school and saw I was very much in the minority there. Same at university and in adult life when open gang style showers were also the norm. I've never felt self conscious or awkward, it is what it is and I don't recall anyone commenting or making any negative remarks. Have noticed people taking a peek in the past, no issues with that since it's only human.

I don't have any visible stitch marks, just a fairly smooth scar around the shaft. Skin does bunch up when I'm cold but glans is always visible.

This post was edited

My glans is always visible (except when really cold after wearing tight cycling leggings). Skin can also bunch up when sitting or when it's cold.

Somehow being part of the "roundhead" minority makes me even more proud to be circumcised.

Were you circumcised very young to have such a neat circumcision scar?

This post was edited

I need to look at resources like circlist to be sure, it's possible mine was done freehand, it's doesn't have a distinct line or stitch marks. Not sure when it was done exactly, I don't remember it so probably around 3 or 4?

This post was edited

or maybe the very neat scar is related to you having been circumcised very young? It sounds very similar to our US friends who tend to be done after birth.
Would be interesting to hear what you find about it
PS nice to take a little break from work while checking TN and enjoying a day (mostly) in the buff

This post was edited