How are you dressed when flying ?

Hi everyone,

I am always going commando, always. I am planning a trip from Denver to Miami during weekend of August 20th to 24th.

Usually I am wearing a short that is just right above the knee (10 inch inseam). Way too long, but it seems to be the go to for guys.
I purchased recently a 2 inch inseam low raise denim short that I intent to wear in Miami to go to the beach especially. Look good. But wonder if this would be acceptable on a plane or it would be super uncomfortable due to the looks I would get from others. (Obviously to avoid any risk, I would put a mini underwear for the duration of the flight, which is going to be uncomfortable.)

What do you think ? How are you flying ?

Do you think it would be ok to hang out at bar and restaurant (not the fancy ones) with such a short short ? I mean, it's hot and humid in Florida.

PS
Not sure I will be dare enough to use that short in the plane, but definitely not going through security with it. Will be in my carry-on.

This topic was edited
RE:How are you dressed when flying ?

I almost always wear Chubbies 5 inch shorts flying but have worn my 4 inch ones occasionally. Tshirt and nothing else but sandals or running shoes which I take off when going through security. If I have a belt or anything in my pockets it goes in my backpack until Im through security. Since Im always commando too the 4 or 5 inch seem to be my limit to keep anything from falling out of the leg openings too.

This post was edited

I almost always wear Chubbies 5 inch shorts flying but have worn my 4 inch ones occasionally. Tshirt and nothing else but sandals or running shoes which I take off when going through security. If I have a belt or anything in my pockets it goes in my backpack until Im through security. Since Im always commando too the 4 or 5 inch seem to be my limit to keep anything from falling out of the leg openings too.

I read about the Chubbies. Mostly the only brand doing short shorts for men.
The 4 inch sounds a good choice.
Considering the fabric, if going commando, is it obvious you're wearing nothing ?

This post was edited

Agree that 4 inch is the minimum for flying commando. 2 inch are probably OK for the Miami Beach bar scene.

This post was edited

I almost always wear Chubbies 5 inch shorts flying but have worn my 4 inch ones occasionally. Tshirt and nothing else but sandals or running shoes which I take off when going through security. If I have a belt or anything in my pockets it goes in my backpack until Im through security. Since Im always commando too the 4 or 5 inch seem to be my limit to keep anything from falling out of the leg openings too.I read about the Chubbies. Mostly the only brand doing short shorts for men.The 4 inch sounds a good choice.Considering the fabric, if going commando, is it obvious you're wearing nothing ?

I have never thought it was obvious and I really wouldnt care it it was. Maybe wearing one of the thinner swimsuit trunk shorts it might but the 4 and 5 inch khakis are not that thin.

This post was edited

Usually in sweats and a T-Shirt got to be comfy

This post was edited

Thanks everyone, Going on vacation, where it's hot and humid here in US.

Will look for 4-5 inch shorts. Will have to hurry, 3 weeks before going.

This post was edited

Thanks everyone, Going on vacation, where it's hot and humid here in US.Will look for 4-5 inch shorts. Will have to hurry, 3 weeks before going.

Amazon has a good selection and next day delivery.

This post was edited

Will look for 4-5 inch shorts. Will have to hurry, 3 weeks before going.
I really like the RedHead Beachcomber shorts available online from Bass Pro. They are 5 inch inseam. I would love something even shorter but I really like these.

This post was edited

Will look for 4-5 inch shorts. Will have to hurry, 3 weeks before going.I really like the RedHead Beachcomber shorts available online from Bass Pro. They are 5 inch inseam. I would love something even shorter but I really like these.

I really like them. Thanks for sharing.

This post was edited

Scrubs - lighter than sweats (and cheaper) and a loose shirt. I'd rather be touching my own clean fabric than whatever the plane is made of, thank you.

This post was edited