Deadheading roses in the nude. LOL

This type of gardening can be rather challenging if you have more than one rose bush to deadhead.
There is a silent yet observant thrill when it comes to deadheading roses. And staying away from the pricks.
Thoughts or comments?

This topic was edited
RE:Deadheading roses in the nude. LOL

Deadheading roses is to remove the old dead flowers. This is supposed to help stimulate new growth...you might check with a local nursery for additional tips. Good luck with your flowers...my past attempts have been rather lackluster.

This post was edited

When it comes to flowers I don't mess with them. just let them to their thing and I'll do mine. i work closer with food plants. But it may be similar to clearing brush with lots of thorny stuff, picking wild blackberries in a thicket. just have to move slowly and carefully, roses have really solid hook thorns, about the meanest of all the thorny things, but blackberries are next of kin, the wild multi-flora rose is what we have, and try to get rid of.

This post was edited

If you ever mess with the Cherokee Rose...be careful. The thorns have a pretty good hook to them and are pretty stout. Theyll scratch you up quickly.

This post was edited

Not quite the same but yesterday I was making a nettle fertiliser and chopping down nettles whilst naked is a tricky business!

This post was edited

Yes I do deadhead roses naked and also prune them naked as well with the rambling ones very bad for scratching/drawing blood. I also cut back brambles naked.

This post was edited

I also deadhead my roses and prune them while naked. Equally I deal with brambles naked, both in my garden (I have some in my garden as I like the blackberries) and when out geocaching. Obviously, I cannot always be naked when geocaching and what I find is that I suffer more scratches and bleeding when clothed! I put this down to clothing being more likely to catch on the spikes as you brush past them and then they pull tight...

Clothing offers little protection from rose thorns or brambles, but does seem to snag on them more than bare skin. Of course, it could be that I'm more careful when naked...

This post was edited

It is removing the dead flower heads

This post was edited

Deadheading roses naked is no problem unless you are very careless but clearing brambles is a different matter as the long stems can whip round and catch any part of your body when you aren't looking. You need to use secateurs and cut them off in very short lengths to do it safely.

This post was edited