modesty, be dammed.

To begin with, my prostate is the size of a coconut. The urologist scheduled me for a cystoscopy (camera on a stick) to go snooping around my prostate and bladder.

On the day of the exam the female nurse led me into the exam room, handed me a paper gown and instructed me to take off all my clothes, put on the paper gown with the opening in back, and lay on the gurney face up.

I thought it was odd she wanted me to take my socks off, but I complied. As a part-time nudist I figured the gown was more for her than me.

After a few minutes, the nurse returned to the room, put on rubber gloves, and grabbing ahold of the gown just over the privates tore open a large hole, grabbed my penis and shoved anesthetic up my urethra.

I thought putting on the gown was a huge waste of paper.

This topic was edited
RE:modesty, be dammed.

I thought putting on the gown was a huge waste of paper.

Yeah those paper gowns are a waste. Totally false modesty and why have it in a setting should be used to seeing flesh? As an engineer with a 10 day hospital stay due to some heart issues. I was very aware of my surroundings and watched with a technical eye the amount of waste that goes on. From unneeded tests that the nurse continued to run after a doc had so no more. To the prep nurse who shaved me, with a disposable razor, only to have a 2nd prep nurse use a 2nd one because " the first guy never does it correctly" Hum why not train the first guy better? We wonder why healthcare cost are so high. How about allowing a non involved person observe and give some hints. Don't even get me started on the huge mess insurance and billing creates.

This post was edited

I always tell the nurse I don't really need the paper gown unless it's necessary. I've never had any of them say yes it's required.

This post was edited

Been there done that.
I have had a scope run up, down, and in all 3 holes.
I was having pain in my bladder so the doc wanted to scope it to see if any problems were present.
On the morning I went into the room and the cutest little nurse came in and asked me to undress and get into the bed. She said that I could leave on my t-shirt and socks. I decided this would not be so bad. I undressed and got under the sheet.
She came in and folded the sheet down to my knees and rolled my t-shirt up my chest. Then she put a green paper towel over my crotch and cut a small hole and proceeded to pull my dick thru it.
Then another equally cute nurse came in and said that she was the tech video person and would be assisting with the digital camera.
The doc comes in and checked me over and rips a large hole which leave all my stuff exposed and tells me my blood pressure is high and wants me to calm down before he starts.
So the two nurses are on either side of my bed talking to me trying to get me to relax when a third nurse from the room ahead of us comes in to see what the hold-up is. So I got 3 nurses standing over me talking about TV movies and what not.
After the procedure which they insert a lot of saline with the scope she tells me to try to make it to the bathroom and empty my bladder. She gave me a washrag to try to clean up with and said that she was going to clean up the room and could turn her back or leave the room while I got out of the bed.
I told her that she had already seen all I had to show so this was not a time to be modest. She laughed and said you would not believe the men that asked her to leave the room.
At least with the other scopes I was knocked out and did not get to see any of the medical staff.
All turned out well and the next weekend guess who I got in the check-out line behind at Wal-mart. The cute little nurse. She only said that she hoped I was doin well and she was very professional about the chance meeting.

This post was edited

that does not sound like a fun procedure!!

This post was edited

I thought putting on the gown was a huge waste of paper.Yeah those paper gowns are a waste. Totally false modesty and why have it in a setting should be used to seeing flesh? As an engineer with a 10 day hospital stay due to some heart issues. I was very aware of my surroundings and watched with a technical eye the amount of waste that goes on. From unneeded tests that the nurse continued to run after a doc had so no more. To the prep nurse who shaved me, with a disposable razor, only to have a 2nd prep nurse use a 2nd one because " the first guy never does it correctly" Hum why not train the first guy better? We wonder why healthcare cost are so high. How about allowing a non involved person observe and give some hints. Don't even get me started on the huge mess insurance and billing creates.

Insurance can be a mess, but based on my experience and that of most of my retired acquaintances, Medicare is worse.

This post was edited