RE:What's your favorite wine?

My favorite not being a wine drinker at all just a taster if you will is my Luann drinking wine what ever it is. I have always said she is fun to live with on a daily but a blast when she drinks wine. :D

Di is also pretty fun after she's had a little to drink! She likes wine, white wines and sweet reds, but after 2-3 glasses... it's "lights out Alice!" Gotta keep that buzz going with some water between glass 1 and 2 and 3! ;DDD

NOW... whiskey, that's another story. Di's Irish heritage comes out full force with whiskey. She can hold her whiskey with the best of them and she likes her whiskey neat or with a cube or two. Pull back the chairs fellas cuz she's jumping up on the table to dance an Irish Jig! ;DDD

This post was edited

The wife is here beside me as I ask her favorite wine; its a long named French Pinot Noir that she really likes. That said, her standby is rum and Coke on a quiet evening. Dont really know if thats part of her Anglo heritage but she enjoys itregularly just the same. ;)

This post was edited

There are some interesting favourites mentioned on this thread. Reds are what go down best here.

Current personal favourites are a supermarket own-brand Nero d'Avila from Sicily, Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, Galodoro - Tinto from near Lisbon, Portugal and a Hacienda Don Hernan Rioja - all three from a wine club. Topping these is a very regional, unlabelled red brought back by friends from their place in the hills behind Taragona in Spain that is produced by their neighbouring vineyard, which doesn't have a name either. Dark, lots of black fruit and there are never enough bottles of it in a case! I also enjoy various Argentinian Malbecs, Bordeaux reds.........I could make this post quite long!

I noted the Margaret River WA mention; I have enjoyed some great tasting sessions at wineries such as Vasse Felix, Leeuwin Estate, Evans & Tate etc I recall this area being the first time I was introduced to chilled reds, it gets so hot there sometimes that it made complete sense, whereas chilling reds in the UK isn't always necessary!

I also noted the diversion onto whisky - I tend to prefer Irish - a good Bushmills of the more widely available brands goes down well, or from a smaller producer something like Green Spot or Teeling.

This post was edited

For some time now I prefer the Sauvignon Blanc grape with the white wine. I like the crispy taste.

This post was edited

Luann drinks a variety of wines heck I can't keep up what they are. All I know is her parents have an orchard and have a variety of 25 gals being racked at the moment. She traditionally only drinks 1 glass after work which that is true. If that is so how come her decorative used cork holder is over full?? :D

Always entertaining when a friend from our club she turned into a wino when we went to a wine tasting. He and her have been wine buddies since. She gets into a whole bottle and him 3. It's quite entertaining to watch! ...and yes I am the Des driver if we are out doing tasting. Does my heart good to see her let her wine hair down every now and then.

This post was edited

If Di is drinking wine, it's either a Pinot Grigio or a Riesling. Our wine club winery has a red that she likes because it's meant to be served cold and is slightly sweet. Di's become as devout a port wine drinker as I am (yes, devout. Port wine is almost a religion with Di and I!! ;DDD). If we're wine tasting ANYWHERE and they have a port, I'm trying it, if we like it, we're buying it! At the moment, we have about 24 bottles of various ports from wineries that are local to the central coast and the Napa Valley. While we're traveling, it's always two bottles of each one we try; one to drink on our patio at the hotel and one to bring home. ;D

This post was edited

Once again it tickles me I am a co-mod here and no nothing about wine. Zero as a matter a fact all I know mechanical build and design for the job however is all I know but I will always say Luann is fun to live each and everyday and a blast when she drinks wine :D

This post was edited

Im with you there Rockdad on the wine knowledge. I know to purchase a nice light red for the wife and something along the lines of a Merlot for me. The common sense approach of, if the bottle looks too cheap & chintzy, dont buy it. That same rule has done well for me & I will continue along that path. By the way is Boones Farm or Mad Dog 2020 still available? Those were standbys during the college years! LOL.

This post was edited

While we both enjoyed sweet wines, after the wife got COVID, her tastes flipped to more drier instead. Weird.

This post was edited

I thought it might be nice to add the wifes new favorite wine. I dont think its too fancy as we purchase it at Publix but it is a buck or two more than our usual Barefoot brand. She has lately been buying the Pinot Noir made by Meiomi of California. The label mentions *lifted aromas of jammy fruit and toasted oak . . .*. I dont know a thing about it but she enjoys it and buys more. Thats enough knowledge for me as the *happy wife, happy life* label is paramount.

This post was edited