RE:Nudism and exhibitionism

I can only quote what I have written before:

"My feeling is naturism is asexual. Of course we are conditioned from our childhood that nakedness is at least eroticism. Some take it a step further and do exhibitionism or voyeurism. Some go even further than that. My feeling is the challenge with naturism (and also the fun) is to condition nakedness with asexuality. That means also you have less erotic or sexual situations than textiles."

This post was edited

BigDudeMan wrote:
Mr Woodsman, go read any one of the many erection threads on this site and tell me how many dudes here would rather act like a dick.Maybe the beach I go to is full of exhibitionists, I wouldnt know. I just mind my business read my book or listen to my tunes. Like every one else. Thats my pleasure.

Well, I agree that this site attracts quite a few people who say they like to flaunt their erections in public. I also wouldn't dispute your experience on the beaches where you like to go. But flaunting erections isn't a part of my experience with nudism, which I think is representative of mainstream nudism as I read about it and talk about it with people.

And this attitude about how great it is to show your boner in public may be a reason why women aren't attracted to the lifestyle. They're looking for people they can socialize with as friends, not people who look like they're out there for sex. So any reputation nudism has for flagrant display of erections is going to be a deterrent to them. "I get hit on all the time anyway," a woman might think. "Why should I go to a place where it's so obvious? This guy wants to show me his dick, and he's staring at my boobs. I'm not going to get a meaningful relationship with a guy who thinks he's just eye candy, and thinks I'm just eye candy."

This post was edited

I don't know for sure, but if there is overlap, I am right in there, LoL.

This post was edited

My wife called me a nude introverted exibitionist! Still thinking on that one. Im nude because it feels good to be free of clothes.

This post was edited

I'm the same. I feel free naked and don't mind if I'm seen. It's not arousal it's liberating

This post was edited

I'm the same. I feel free naked and don't mind if I'm seen. It's not arousal it's liberating

Not minding being seen is not exhibitionism. Making a point of being seen, especially in inappropriate circumstances is.

This post was edited

This is why I don't like and try very hard not to use labels. Everyone has their own spin on what it is. As for myself, I don't like to wear cloths, I never have. I keep out of sight of others not because of shame but out of respect of others. I've been to resorts not to be seen but because I don't know where to go and not worry about being arrested. So if you want to label me go ahead that is your right, but please keep it to yourself.

This post was edited

I think there is overlap for sure. There is a difference though between being nude for your own happiness and not caring who sees you versus going out of your way to show off for your enjoyment.

I am definitely not trying to be seen by non-nudists but if they see me in my own house or backyard I had a reasonable expectation of privacy.

This post was edited

I definitely think there's an overlap. And what's wrong with that? Maybe it's all a part of the feeling that keeps us in the lifestyle, year after year. The balance between motivations is really just what's inside your own mind.

This post was edited