Getting rid of Unread Message Indicator.

How do I get rid of the little red unread messages indicator at the top of the screen?
I have tried goign through all my messages and marking the ones sayin unread but it keeps coming back afterwards.

Any ideas.

This topic was edited
RE:Getting rid of Unread Message Indicator.

How do I get rid of the little red unread messages indicator at the top of the screen?I have tried goign through all my messages and marking the ones sayin unread but it keeps coming back afterwards.Any ideas.

The message system has been broke for some time, though I think your the first to not be able to change messages to read. The big complaint is not being able to delete messages.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

As you click on the "Messages" or "Activity" (the little bell) links at the top of the page, you should see an option for "Mark All As Read" which you can click on to tag all the messages as being read. AFAIK, there is no way to actually delete the messages, but I don't think that's what you were asking about.

This post was edited

All my messages have been read. I click on the "Mark All Read" and it still shows I have 1 unread message. There are many things broken here!

This post was edited

I've reported the same things a few times. The first time, they responded that they were looking into it, but I don't get any replies anymore, whether I open a new problem ticket or reference the old one.

This post was edited

I had an alert, that I have 2 new messages in my box a few weeks ago. There's no new messages, and nothing that I tried will get rid of "red 2". I just figure that they will fix it, or we'll just learn to work around it.

This post was edited

Im in the same boatthe message wont disappear and it still reads *1*. Oh well.

This post was edited

cant get rid of messages for profile likes, cant get rid of message in general , can mark them as spam or delete nothing works this site is gettng sicker by the day. or is it so the goons can sneak in and read your messages and mail

This post was edited

All my messages have been read. I click on the "Mark All Read" and it still shows I have 1 unread message. There are many things broken here!

and now you will not be able to delete this :D !!

This post was edited

All my messages have been read. I click on the "Mark All Read" and it still shows I have 1 unread message. There are many things broken here!and now you will not be able to delete this :D !!

:DDD... funny, my friend!

This guy's one of the reasons I stay here! ;D

This post was edited

How do I get rid of the little red unread messages indicator at the top of the screen?I have tried goign through all my messages and marking the ones sayin unread but it keeps coming back afterwards.Any ideas.

Messages in my Inbox show as unread unless/until I actually reply to them. And you cant delete them. So get a message from someone you dont know and/or dont want to reply to and it will sit there unread for ever.

This post was edited