First time- nude swim

Hi all

I have a potential opportunity to attend a nude swim in a few weeks fairly local to me in the UK but am extremely apprehensive and nervous about going due to my size. I am 20st+ with a big belly so will stand out no doubt. It will be my first time nude with others in a social setting so anxiety levels are high.

Everything Ive read that other naturists are very friendly and there will be all body types but wanted to get an idea of other peoples experiences who might have been through the same situation please.

This topic was edited
RE:First time- nude swim

Hi. First and foremost nudism and naturism is NOT about how good you look or how well sculpted your body is. It is a way of life and a choice one makes because one feels good about it. Do you seriously care about what someone 'might' think about you ? No one is there to judge you as everyone is engrossed in their own shortcomings and possible insecurities. Go on and have fun and possibly they might get envious about you !! You never know

This post was edited

Thank you for your positive message. I know its my hang up but yes I do care what other people may think when they see me, hence my anxiety bug appreciate you taking the time to respond!

This post was edited

Have you been for your nude swim yet? It is always difficult to take the plunge for the first time (excuse the pun). It was for me. I saw that us nudists come in all shapes and sizes. Then I wondered why I hadn't done it years earlier.

This post was edited

OP, when you show up for this nude swim you will no doubt be surprised at the variety of body sizes, shapes, types, etc of the attendees. My guess is that self-consciousness will disappear fairly quickly, very possibly more quickly than in other settings. And just enjoy the experience of being naked in a pool (so natural), and around other people with similar inclination.

Let us know how the experience of a nude swim went for you. I hope you enjoy. That first time does leave an impression (usually thoughts of "how do I arrange my life so that I can do this again?").

This post was edited
RE: First time- nude swim

Go ahead and have a great time. As a person who has struggled with my weight my entire life, it wasn't until I experienced my first nude swim gathering that I began to feel really comfortable with myself. Nudists are the most accepting people I have ever met. Nobody judges anyone. I actually feel more comfortable at a nudist beach than I do at a textile place where everyone stares, snickers and judges me. Just be yourself, relax and have a great time. Please let everyone here know how your experience was. Best of luck to you.

This post was edited

Thank you everyone who replied. I haven't made it yet due to a change in schedule and availability to attend but is still very much on my to do list!

I really appreciate the positive comments!

This post was edited

When you do make it you will probably be pleasantly surprised ar the number of other naked big bellies that also attend.

This post was edited