I want to get a portable massage table

Looking to buy a portable massage table. Any suggestions on a good choice to look into?

This topic was edited
RE:I want to get a portable massage table

I bought one a number of years back that I found on Craigslist. I found several that were being advertised so that could be a good place to look if not wanting to spend a lot of money on a new one. It certainly depends on where you live and if many Craigslist posters in the area. The one I bought was ripped a little on a corner but it also has a heater which I wasnt aware of until I went to use it the first time.

This post was edited

I got mine from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0118PHXQY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This post was edited

As one responder has already hinted, any second-hand source is well worth checking - something online (he mentioned Craigslist) is often good. There are always people who, unfortunately, are no longer massaging and want to offload their table. If you can be choosey, ensure that the height of the table is adjustable (this will make a big difference to your massaging: the height of your horizontal hand palm with arms hanging along your body is usually the correct height for your table surface) and its width is good (70 cm/27 inches is usually ideal) and lastly that it's stable enough: the stability is what reflects the quality of the table. A good table, even second-hand, should last you a lifetime: it's a great investment. Enjoy!

This post was edited

This is a really great table and very comfortable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A1APLAI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This post was edited

It is robust enough, very comfy and padded out for the highest comfort and has a high weight load so good for heavier people or as a massage therapist I don't need to worry when I climb on top also ( better for back massage and position less stressful on my body). It is at a decent carry weight so not too heavy to stay portable, and in fact it stays on my electrical work van. It has multiple feet position settings, with face cushions, arm support under your head and also at the side of the body, mainly for bigger people or extra space and comfort. Love the table.
Oh and made of the right materials to enable a full oil massage without the need of towels or table covers. In fact the oil helps with the soft surface and especially when performing an enveloping massage, so nice....

This post was edited

[b Lots of good suggestions here. Guessing by now that you've already gotten one, but still gonna respond, as there may be others reading this wanting the same info.

I will back up the notion of finding a second-hand table that a massage therapist is selling, as buying one for fun massages you won't be doing all the time would be expensive. As they're gonna be for fun massages, try to consider if you'll really need a face cradle or a table that has a cut out face hole for convenience. I say this because in my experience, non-professionals never really place the face cradle and arm rests under the table correctly and end up damaging them after a while.

Taking into account other supplies you'll be using; twin size sheets fit most massage tables well. If there is any over hang, you can use large binder clips from Office Max to clamp them in place (a small box of them doesn't cost much), and paper towels can be used to surround face openings. Most over the counter lotions are okay, but if you'll be using oils, I would avoid using scented oils as the chemicals in them that give them the sent may irritate sensitive skin. Regular supermarket brand oils like Canola, corn, or Coconut oil are just as good, and again are cost effective for doing fun massages. Avoid peanut oil, as today there are many people allergic to peanuts. I also HIGHLY suggest using sani wipes to clean your table after working on someone to get rid of skin bacteria from the table and thoroughly washing your hands after each massage, as you never know what the other person may be carrying ON them, let alone IN them.

Just some things to consider and ponder for those wanting to give massages.

This post was edited
RE: I want to get a portable massage table

I had a portable massage table for years but ended up throwing it away due to its age and starting to crack and become unsafe.
I found several nice ones on Amazon and actually bought one from there.
I love it. It's large and super comfy and best of all, it was a lot cheaper than the one I originally had.
Now if I could only find someone to use it with!

This post was edited