Perspective on Nudism

Nudism is a richer and simpler lifestyle that removes barriers to communication between people and... I was interested in getting into it. There are many positives that I came to see in this lifestyle, not the least of which was how inviting, how liberating and how natural it might feel to be able to stroll along a beach, go for a run or a backcountry hike, clothed in nothing but a smile.

At first maybe I thought all of that was something other people did. But you know what? The more I thought about it, the more I began to think that perhaps those other people might just be a lot like me. I learned that naturists come from all walks of life. I learned that all it takes is to subscribe to one underlying principle, a willingness to embrace body acceptance through nude recreation to become a true naturist at heart.

The more I read about it, especially the experiences of those already involved in it the more drawn I became to the idea of social nudity. What began perhaps just as curiosity, soon took on more of the character of a desire for me that I wanted to fulfill even though initially I wasnt really sure how to go about it. I remember my first time going naked in my backyard and want to do it again. Later I expanded my nakedness to a clothing optional hot spring. I really just dont like wearing clothes all that much and it would be nice to get acquainted with and form friendships with other like-minded people out there.

This topic was edited
RE:Perspective on Nudism

Nudism is such a part of me that, in this textile world/society, I will gladly flock toward any group of nudists. While I do enjoy solitary naturism out in Nature, I really do enjoy the social aspect of nude beaches and nude resorts.

This post was edited

I cannot explain how and why I became a nudist. It was just natural, but our society frowned upon it. I remember as a boy, my mother saying some people like it but there were nudist colonies for that. As I grew older the idea of an all over tan, wearing nothing and the additional vitamin D, was a very real drawcard. I hated wearing swim shorts even then.
I was able to live a limited nudist lifestyle whist my wife was alive. She was very tolerant, but didn't understand. It was only after she died, that the opportunity of getting to a nude beach arose. It was like the light going on. I was hooked more than before. The concept and reality of social nudity was exhilarating. I find nudism and social nudism to be life changing.

This post was edited

This is what nudism is all about, the freedom of having the warmth of the sun and air on our naked bodies. Doing things without the worry of clothing and enjoying life the way it should be without fear of being judged. It would be great to having friends to experience the nudist lifestyle with, but it seams that most nudist tend to go alone due the general publics perception of the nudist lifestyle.

This post was edited

I think the world sees us as a weird bunch. Why would anyone with a sense of self respect want to show themselves unclothed? It is just that self respect that enables us to be nude in the presence of others for everyday activities. We may not all be comfortable in our own skin all of the time, but it is a comfort thing for me. It will be nearly 90 today with high humidity. Just stepping outside could bring a sudden effort by my body to cool itself and if I were allowed to be naked in my own backyard, I would not suffer the dangers that excessive heat produces. If I were going to be embarassed by my body, it would be that I am considered obese by medical standards but not embarassed at all by what may be hidden by a pair of shorts.

This post was edited

shorehamgent wrote:
I cannot explain how and why I became a nudist.

That's an interesting point. At the first couple of times I was in a social nudist situation, I didn't think of myself as a nudist, just somebody who was hanging with nudists. I hadn't internalized it as a part of my own identity. It was only after a few exposures that I realized that it was going to be an aspect of the person I had become.

In much the same way, I took a few hang gliding lessons back in the day, but didn't consider myself a hang glider pilot until I'd actually had a chance to ridge-soar my glider for a half an hour flight. I could finally identify myself as a pilot without feeling like an imposter.

This post was edited

In much the same way, I took a few hang gliding lessons back in the day, but didn't consider myself a hang glider pilot until I'd actually had a chance to ridge-soar my glider for a half an hour flight. I could finally identify myself as a pilot without feeling like an imposter.
While not a hang glider I totally understand what you are saying. I felt much the same when I started my career as a chef and again when circumstances forced me into a new career path. I am pretty much past the imposter feelings now and am becoming much more comfortable as a person since starting to explore social nudity.
I was more than willing to accept the nudist label but I think part of that was driven by the fact that I had been, for decades, an at home nudist. I was hooked the first time I went to a nude beach and love the social aspects of my nudity. It isn't sexual, it isn't being an exhibitionist, it is just being who I am am with no masks and no concealment. I am learning to be comfortable in only my skin and to accept the body I have. Through social nudity I am walking away from self inflicted body shaming and recognizing that we hide much more than our bodies behind the clothing we are imprisoned by.

This post was edited

shorehamgent wrote:I cannot explain how and why I became a nudist.In much the same way, I took a few hang gliding lessons back in the day, but didn't consider myself a hang glider pilot until I'd actually had a chance to ridge-soar my glider for a half an hour flight. I could finally identify myself as a pilot without feeling like an imposter.

Have you ever done hang gliding naked? I bet that would be a real nice experience.

This post was edited

shorehamgent wrote:I cannot explain how and why I became a nudist.In much the same way, I took a few hang gliding lessons back in the day, but didn't consider myself a hang glider pilot until I'd actually had a chance to ridge-soar my glider for a half an hour flight. I could finally identify myself as a pilot without feeling like an imposter.Have you ever done hang gliding naked? I bet that would be a real nice experience.

I wouldn't do it naked or clothed.

This post was edited

Lakeman221 wrote:

Have you ever done hang gliding naked? I bet that would be a real nice experience.

Nope. It's a lot chillier than it looks, particularly when you're doing mountain flying. I'd be flying in at least a sweater or army jacket, helmet liner, gloves and boots.

I do know of a few pilots who used to fly at Torrey Pines, and then land on Black's Beach and strip down.

This post was edited

I do know of a few pilots who used to fly at Torrey Pines, and then land on Black's Beach and strip down.

Were they able to take off again from the beach or did they have to break it down and carry it back up the cliff?

This post was edited