Differences by Country

While all of us sleep nude here, what do you think most men's sleeping attire or lack thereof in your country.
Here in the US, it is underwear. I have read on this board and elsewhere that in the UK, men sleeping in underwear is very rare, some wear pa(y)jamas but most sleep nude.
Could people from other countries comment on what is most common for men where you live?

This topic was edited
RE:Differences by Country

In Germany most men sleep in pyjamas, some in a long nightshirt. Women sleep in long nightdresses or in short nightshirts with a pantie or in pyjamas. And of course some men and women sleep nude.

This post was edited

Here in the US, I think it is more about personal preference. You do have a lot of influences based on up brining. The country is a melting pot so you a lot of cultural values in play here. I and several folks I know sleep nude. I have been that way since I was a kid. If I put on PJ's or and a night shirt, I would wake up out if it. To this day I remain the same way. Decades ago I gave up trying to change the habit. From what I have been reading in many of the Mens Health magazines it is actually healthier to sleep naked. It helps it breath and to regulate its self. Also in reading it helps in fertility key parts of the male reproductive system need to have warm, not over heated temps under layers. I find sleeping nude to be more restful nights sleep., but that is me though. Not everyone is the same. I am sure there are folks that would feel insecure and or mortified sleeping without bed clothes. I respect everyone's personal space.

This post was edited

In my limited experience I would say that most men in the UK sleep naked most if not all of the time. The second choice being sleep shorts, followed by underwear then PJ's. The only other place that I've noticed is France where, in my experience, it's much the same with naked sleeping being the norm

This post was edited

Here in the Netherlands 20% of the men sleep naked

This post was edited

Here in the Netherlands 20% of the men sleep naked

Seems lower than many European countries.

This post was edited

While all of us sleep nude here, what do you think most men's sleeping attire or lack thereof in your country.Here in the US, it is underwear. I have read on this board and elsewhere that in the UK, men sleeping in underwear is very rare, some wear pa(y)jamas but most sleep nude.Could people from other countries comment on what is most common for men where you live?

I can confirm here in Republic of Ireland I always sleep nude even during the depths of winter cocooned under brushed cotton bedsheets. That sense of freedom in bed naked gives me great sleep.
Someday I'll sleep naked spooning and cuddling with my soulmate once he's found me any day now.

This post was edited

As a fellow American I can say from my experience that the majority of men sleep in their underwear(at least within the group of males that I know personally). I have hated sleeping in clothes since I was a child. I shared a room with my brother growing up and he was weird about nudity, so I just slept in my underwear. The moment he moved out at 17 I went to naked sleeping and have been sleeping naked for the last 23 years. My wife thought it was strange when we first moved in together that I sleep naked, only under a sheet, and one foot has to be out from under the sheet...otherwise I get so hot and uncomfortable.

This post was edited