Headed to Apollo

I'm headed to Apollo Beach to check it out Monday and hope to be there Tuesday and Wednesday. Anything I should know? Anyone on here going? I'll be solo Tuesday but might have a friend with me Wednesday.

This topic was edited
RE:Headed to Apollo

Yes! Get there before 10 am or the gate will be closed, because parking fills up that quick. If you don't get there before 10 you'll be waiting a good while for a parking space.

This post was edited

Not sure what gate you are referring to as in all my many visits to Apollo Beach I have never known the entrance gate to be closed during operating hours. Lot #5 does fill up quickly but there is no gate. On weekends I would be there by 7:00 to ensure a parking spot as Lot#4 is quite a hike. If you have to park at #3 or #4 you can usually hitch a ride with someone still driving down to #5 but make sure to leave early enough to get a ride back.

This post was edited

Not sure what gate you are referring to as in all my many visits to Apollo Beach I have never known the entrance gate to be closed during operating hours. Lot #5 does fill up quickly but there is no gate. On weekends I would be there by 7:00 to ensure a parking spot as Lot#4 is quite a hike. If you have to park at #3 or #4 you can usually hitch a ride with someone still driving down to #5 but make sure to leave early enough to get a ride back.

This post was edited

Went and loved it. Great spot. Not crowded and parking was not an issue, probably because it was a weekday and the time of year. I was there at 9:00 am both days and plenty of spots. The gawkers were there but who cares. If they want to look, let them.

Im going back next week, Sept 26, if anyone wants to hang out. Ill be on the beach the 27th, 28th and 29th.

This post was edited