RE:interesting comparison

The people saying they wont get the vaccine because it is untested are ridiculous. Two hundred million people in the US alone have have had it. That right there, by itself, ignoring the millions and millions more in other countries and actual testing, makes it far far more tested than many drugs for cancer, multiple sclerosis, Parkinsons, and many other diseases.Those that say its a government control thing or its fake etc are also ridiculous because if that were the case then why is every other country on earth experiencing the pandemic and trying to get people vaccinated?Ive also heard, well we dont know whats in it. To that I say, do you know for sure whats in the corn flakes you ate for breakfast, or the peanut butter and jelly you put in your sandwich?

Well said Fullsun.

This post was edited

Taking this discussion seriously I understand what that guy want to say. In this times I wouldn't ride a train, a bus or any public transportation if there were no mask mandate. It would be simply irresponsible.

I agree about the mask. However, I would be uncomfortable without pants on public transportation, even if it were legal. Too many people to close together. Same for church, theaters, and concert halls.

This post was edited

If you want to talk about freedom, just think of the freedoms we still can't enjoy because there are still too many of us who have been selfish enough to refrain from wearing masks and getting vaccinated. We still have restricted hours for stores and restaurants. There is a shortage of materials for manufactured goods and building because many of those businesses were closed to prevent the spread of the virus. People lost income if not the entire operation.
Nobody is forcing a mask or vaccination on anyone, but if you want to use public transportation, go to sporting events, or keep your job, have the decency to comply with the current recommendations or just stay home.

This post was edited

Reading the posts here cause me great concern as well as a bit of angst. Personally I received my vaccine, that was my CHOICE, I am in the age range that to come down with Covid I would probably not survive. That said, my spouse also in the same age range. But on the advice of her DR. has been recommended to not get the vaccine. Prior health issues. I respect her decision, Id truly hate to lose her because of a reaction to the vaccine. Me having been has provided me the immunity protection I need. Now for the reason of my angst, prior to the election of the current administration BOTH Democratic candidates vehemently stated that they would not take the shot because they didnt trust the former President. He actually had no hand in constructing the vaccine, his was giving the green light to produce it quickly bypassing the red tape it normally took the FDA to allow usage. Then after receiving initial emergency approval guess what, Joe and Kamala, after stating they would not get the shot if Trump was involved, jumped right to the head of the line. And since January 20th, 2021 they have been all over the map with their tirades about the vaccine. His number one expert Dr. Anthony Fauchi on a fairly daily basis has been spouting contradictory information concerning the need for being vaxed or not being vaxed, mask versus no mask. He spends so much time on TV that I sincerely believe he has no time to verify any information. Certainly there has been ZERO interest on the part of the administration, CDC, or Fauchi about NATURAL immunity of those who have had the disease. The only mandatory vaccine in recent history has been the Smallpox vaccine. When I was a young child there was the Polio oral vaccine but it too was voluntary. From the information I have read and obtained from various medical professionals, people that are under 50 and in good health are not in as much danger from contracting the disease. Young children appear to have natural immunity and are less prone to spread Covid. Rant over. There is much much more to come concerning Covid, I heartily recommend that we listen to all the information in order to make educated decisions.

This post was edited

I agree completely that the concept of mandatory vaccines is beyond the scope of government, except in cases of true lethality. Something like ebola comes to mind, and there was no call for mandatory vaccinations for it. I got vaccinated because I have multiple comorbidities and my doctors recommend my getting it. I believe if Covid was as big a threat to the general population as some people are claiming, you couldn't find people not wanting the shot. I believe for the general population that Covid is basically a new strain of flu and vulnerable populations such as myself should get vaccinated. For the rest of the population, it's a personal decision based on health and age. This is America and we are a free People, we decide the course of our lives. I know people have died from complications due to Covid but I suspect that their underlying issues caused their deaths. I personally know of no one who has died solely due to Covid. I do believe that the classification of many Covid deaths is overstated, that people died of other things, and that Covid was simply present when they died. I could die from Covid but I have decided that I don't want at my age to be such a burden to society, that treatment( like ventilator use) is unwarranted. I have a DNR order because I don't want to be such a burden at my age, I want to Live not merely Exist. It's a personal decision, people.

This post was edited

I had both doses of the vaccine, being fairly vulnerable at age 76. It didn't stop me getting Covid but what I got was fairly mild (just like a cold). So it stopped me being seriously ill.

This post was edited

uh excuse me ,you said no one died solely from covid uh yes they do . my brother died on sept. 3, 2020SOLELY of covid , there is a TON of misinformation about covid

you misquoted the writer. he said he did not Personally know someone who died sole of covid.

This post was edited

Reading the posts here cause me great concern as well as a bit of angst. Personally I received my vaccine, that was my CHOICE, I am in the age range that to come down with Covid I would probably not survive.

well stated and sums up my thoughts on the subject very well. I too am fully vaccinated and suffered no side effects from either shot
I will go one record that I am a bit skeptical about all the talk of booster shots. That I will watch with interest.

This post was edited

Do not know about the US but here in Ontario, Canada, there are more and more cases of young children, 12 and under, testing positive for the virus!!!

This post was edited

Our government has caused it*s own dilemma by the use of facts & statistics; the problem is that the government constructed the data needed, devised the sampling / gathering plan, collected the data and analyzed it in the end. There is N O outside validation of their methodology nor derived results. Im on two government *no call* lists; I receive multiple junk calls per day. On the above note on child safety seats, the Superfreakanomics authors did their own research and concluded they didnt help after age 2. Here it is *Levitt and Dubner commissioned their own crash test and found that for children 3 and 6 years old, seat belts work just as well as car seats.* They point out the government did not use an apples to apples comparison. Just look at our recent *withdrawal*; do you want those guys & gals organizing your next company dinner party? You could kiss that promotion good bye. We must proceed with great caution as our leaders are far too interested in their polling numbers and less so about actual results.

This post was edited