RE:interesting comparison

I said I knew of no one who died solely of Covid, I didn't say no one did. There is a big difference.

This post was edited

I'm not interested in turning this into a debate about car seats. My point is about people trying to understand scientific information, and I think you actually made my point for me. You posted only one reference, to a non-scientific article by non-scientists, That doesn't make it automatically wrong, but it has a high hill to climb. Consider this rebuttal: https://thecarseatlady.com/freakonomics-fallacy-an-economist-or-a-pediatrician-who-would-you-trust-to-keep-your-child-safe/. Also not a scientific paper. Opinions are one thing, have yours and base it on whatever you want, base it on the one chapter of Dianetics you read while you were high in college. I don't care. If you want to go beyond opinion, though, do a *lot* of homework.

Sorry if this comes across as combative. I'm not a combative person, and I'm not going to continue any "argument" or even start a debate here. I've presented my point of view and that's all I want to do publicly.

This post was edited

I couldn't agree more.

This post was edited

I am sad that this discussion is occurring on this site and in this modern age and especially amongst nudists who are generally more understanding than most. Smallpox has been officially eradicated. Diphtheria, Polio, tuberculosis, typhoid and a number of other serious infectious diseases are now either totally eradicated or limited to poorer third world countries.
I have trusted vaccinations for my entire life and have avoided some of the above diseases as a result. I personally know of people who contracted them and are suffering the consequences many decades later, or worse, died.
The media, especially Fox Entertainment has been gleefully spreading false information. I think you will find that 99% of the medical profession have been speaking with one voice. I have seen cases where Fox have deliberately edited reports from Fauci. So please, follow the science, not the media.

This post was edited

Our government has caused it*s own dilemma by the use of facts & statistics; the problem is that the government constructed the data needed, devised the sampling / gathering plan, collected the data and analyzed it in the end. There is N O outside validation of their methodology nor derived results. Im on two government *no call* lists;

Im, you can get the exact same data, results, etc directly from the source, you hospital. Why do you think Johns Hopkins was one of many places collecting data and publishing it. Johns Hopkins was cited so often because of their reputation in ding thus stuff right. But there have been many other places doing it as well and coming up with very similar numbers and statistics. The government wasnt involved in constructing any data, sampling etc. They adopted what experts, hospitals, places like Johns Hopkins do and recommend. My dad was a statistician during his career before he retired and later passed away. His job and that of his team was putting statistics together based on actual usage and other factors to help legislators and governors with public policy and budgets related to health. There were times where he was asked to put information together by a governor or legislature as they were proposing some changes to laws on public health policy and the results of his work would shoot down the ideas of the people requesting it.

Your note about the call list is ridiculous. Yes, the call lists exist, and yes, we still get the calls. But legally they do not exclude polls and another type of call I cant think of right now. But the bigger problem is a major technical problem that phone companies are trying to work out on a world wide basis and that is spoofing. Most of the garbage calls today are from spoofed numbers where if you call the number back its either invalid or someones phone number that has no idea what you are talking about. One way this happens is someone in a place like India uses VOIP to place a call digitally via the Internet to a number in another country or at the very least handled by another phone company. When the call request comes in to the recipients phone company they have no way of validating the phone number being sent to them for the original caller, they have to just take it. A no call list is not going to take care if people using a flaw in worldwide telecommunications structure.

This post was edited

Our government has caused it*s own dilemma by the use of facts & statistics; the problem is that the government constructed the data needed, devised the sampling / gathering plan, collected the data and analyzed it in the end. There is N O outside validation of their methodology nor derived results. Im on two government *no call* lists; I receive multiple junk calls per day. On the above note on child safety seats, the Superfreakanomics authors did their own research and concluded they didnt help after age 2. Here it is *Levitt and Dubner commissioned their own crash test and found that for children 3 and 6 years old, seat belts work just as well as car seats.* They point out the government did not use an apples to apples comparison. Just look at our recent *withdrawal*; do you want those guys & gals organizing your next company dinner party? You could kiss that promotion good bye. We must proceed with great caution as our leaders are far too interested in their polling numbers and less so about actual results.

prove it

This post was edited

I'm with you 100%. These people against mask mandates on public transportation (and anywhere else a company chooses to implement one) must really despise their fellow humans.

This post was edited

What I find quite ironic in this topic is that both groups think that the other should give up their freedom so they can enjoy theirs.

If you're worried about contracting covid, you can get your shot. you can wear your mask, you can maintain your social distancing, you can quit your job to avoid being around others, you can avoid public transportation. you can make your own choices for the purpose of prevention. If you see a maskless person, just stay away, if you're living in the fear of being one of the 2 % that die from contracting the virus. Or you can live your life without demonizing a whole segment of society that doesn't trust big brother to look out for their best interest.

For the record, I've been vaccinated but I didn't want to. But I still have to wear a mask because the they say that the shot I took for protection doesn't really protect me! WTF! I think big brother only cares about big brother and big brother's agenda and not about me!

If they were really concerned with the spread and their science, they would vaccinate everyone coming across the border...so why don't they! It would be so simple. That's a question that really deserves an answer. And where were the mask mandates during all the "peaceful protests" last year???

There is an agenda alright, and it has nothing to do with protecting society or there would be consistency. Instead, we get smoke blown up our ass! As for me, I'm keeping mine tightly puckered!

This post was edited

I gully agree with you Free lee

This post was edited

Huge thumbs up Lee, I agree with you 100%

This post was edited