RE:What is your greatest hinderance to enjoying nudity?

If you live in the polar north and can't afford to crank the thermostat your rather stuck with clothes.Not sure that living north is any different than being a southerner. On a December trip to the St. Petersburg FL area some years ago, I was comfortable in shorts and a tee shirt when the temperature dipped into the 60's. The natives tended to be dressed in hats, scarves, gloves, and winter weight coats. One man looked at me and said, "You must be from the North."We had a similar experience in FL some years ago. When I got up the morning of our trip, it was 0. By the time we left for the airport it was 12. When we got there, the natives were complaining that it had dipped into the upper 30's that morning, Didn't sound all that bad to me.While we were there, we heard a concert by a touring choir from northern Michigan. They were commenting that the "cold" Florida weather felt like summer to them.

And until this summer upper 30's at night in July and August was more common than the upper 80's and 90's we have been getting.

This post was edited

Local laws and taboos - laws on how much nudity is permissible varies from country to country. A global nomad for most of my life - having lived in a dozen different countries - I have had to adjust to new realities a number of times moving up and down on the scale from almost no restrictions on where and how naked you can be to total ban on all forms of nudity. Moving from a restrictive to a liberal environment is easy. Moving the other way can be tough. Unfortunately I could not pick and chose my countries based on my desire to live as much of my life as possible naked.

This post was edited

Local laws and taboos - laws on how much nudity is permissible varies from country to country. A global nomad for most of my life - having lived in a dozen different countries - I have had to adjust to new realities a number of times moving up and down on the scale from almost no restrictions on where and how naked you can be to total ban on all forms of nudity. Moving from a restrictive to a liberal environment is easy. Moving the other way can be tough. Unfortunately I could not pick and chose my countries based on my desire to live as much of my life as possible naked.

Do you plan to spend your retirement in a nude friendly country?

This post was edited

Local laws and taboos - laws on how much nudity is permissible varies from country to country. A global nomad for most of my life - having lived in a dozen different countries - I have had to adjust to new realities a number of times moving up and down on the scale from almost no restrictions on where and how naked you can be to total ban on all forms of nudity. Moving from a restrictive to a liberal environment is easy. Moving the other way can be tough. Unfortunately I could not pick and chose my countries based on my desire to live as much of my life as possible naked.Do you plan to spend your retirement in a nude friendly country?

I am looking forward to the end of the pandemic when I again can travel and spend my holidays in naked friendly countries.

This post was edited

Local laws and taboos - laws on how much nudity is permissible varies from country to country. A global nomad for most of my life - having lived in a dozen different countries - I have had to adjust to new realities a number of times moving up and down on the scale from almost no restrictions on where and how naked you can be to total ban on all forms of nudity. Moving from a restrictive to a liberal environment is easy. Moving the other way can be tough. Unfortunately I could not pick and chose my countries based on my desire to live as much of my life as possible naked.Do you plan to spend your retirement in a nude friendly country?I am looking forward to the end of the pandemic when I again can travel and spend my holidays in naked friendly countries.
I understand that will come sooner, but at age 70 you probably are at least considering retirement. Do those thoughts include living in a nude friendly location?

This post was edited

Local laws and taboos - laws on how much nudity is permissible varies from country to country. A global nomad for most of my life - having lived in a dozen different countries - I have had to adjust to new realities a number of times moving up and down on the scale from almost no restrictions on where and how naked you can be to total ban on all forms of nudity. Moving from a restrictive to a liberal environment is easy. Moving the other way can be tough. Unfortunately I could not pick and chose my countries based on my desire to live as much of my life as possible naked.Do you plan to spend your retirement in a nude friendly country?I am looking forward to the end of the pandemic when I again can travel and spend my holidays in naked friendly countries.I understand that will come sooner, but at age 70 you probably are at least considering retirement. Do those thoughts include living in a nude friendly location?

Already semi-retired and pursuing one of my hobbies as a new part-time career. This is best done at my current location. Therefore I will for the time being continue to live out my nudist lifestyle mainly during overseas travel which will hopefully soon become possible again.

This post was edited

the surrounding societies disapproval of it is the biggest hindrance. If nude were common and no big deal with plenty of people living and working and playing nude it'd be great.

I was as a child extremely shy and scared to be seen, and that shifted mostly to being frightened to be seen nude. And my mother's attitude of 'nude is lewd' didn't help. But it backfired in lust addiction. The process of overcoming that issue finally led to naturism, which solved it, and intentionally deciding to try to defeat the 'scared to be seen nude' issue. But I'm still pretty sensitive to people's feelings on it and only comfortable nude with others when I know they are not only fine with it but want to be nude too. But that doesn't happen very often. And I'm a strong sigma type and happy alone, work alone best, social groups are ok but create a low level of tension in my mind and I need alone time to relax, unless the company is someone I can be really comfortable with. It's easier to be comfortable with someone who is nude and enjoys it while not making anything of it morally, just leaving it as part of the neutral background of life.

Fortunately I have land and can get away from the people back on it to work on agriculture and forest work, there I can drop the clothes and be comfortable.

This post was edited

Putting aside that it is illegal in the State in which I live and border lockdowns prohibiting travel to interstate legal nude beaches...

The SO issue is the key one along with having one of our offspring still at home to a lesser degree.

I am really keen to be social within the nude community, but not solo and while my SO is not a willing participant there is a severe time limit in which this could be achieved.

Would like to know how other men have been able to bring their wife successfully into the nude community.

This post was edited

free time.

This post was edited

There are many of us who have been trying to get a reluctant spouse to join us in nude activities. Most of us are still just trying. Hopefully, someone will have success and can pass on the secret.

This post was edited