Places to go?

Hi everyone,
I'm new to nudism. I'm a home nudist at the moment and want to start branching out to other places and meet other nudists. Anyone know some good places to be nude near Santa Rosa, CA?

Thanks
Derek C.

This topic was edited
RE:Places to go?

I also recommend Harbin Hot Springs in Middletown. A short but challenging drive, but it's a real experience. Go after the COVID restrictions are lifted,

This post was edited

My wife has agreed to go to Laguna Del Sol with me. Ever been there? If so, what was your experience like?

This post was edited

We've been to LdS. We didn't have to do the introductory tour, but we are AANR members and showed them our membership cards. We went mid-week our first time and for their Nudestock event the second time. Definitely busier on an event weekend. It is very nice there and we met the owners. We saw them a couple of years later on a Bare Necessities nude cruise and they remembered us.

If getting from Boston to Sacramento was as easy as getting from Boston to Orlando and Tampa we would go there every year. Since it isn't, we go to Cypress Cove and Lake Como now.

This post was edited

Derekc5555 wrote:My wife has agreed to go to Laguna Del Sol with me. Ever been there? If so, what was your experience like?

Well, I can't consider myself a regular, but I've visited there three times this year, camping out each time. The experiences there were pretty good. The first time, most of the facilities were closed due to COVID. The last two times, they were mostly open except for the restaurant, which was only serving burgers and such.

The last time was the most fun, regardless of the 110 degree heat, because I was there with the local non-landed club and they made me feel welcome. The other times, I didn't know anybody and that put a sort of crimp on the enjoyment.

You'll probably need the tour ... it's fee and short. I think the tours at these resorts are mostly for giving them the opportunity to run your driver's license through the Megan's Law database to see if you're on anybody's perv list

If you do decide to go, PM me and I might be able to arrange to be there, too. It's nice to have somebody you sort of know ... and I've posted enough on this forum for you to get to know me!

This post was edited

My first nude beach experience was at Red Rocks, a little south of Muir beach (but I saw nudists there too). This is quite a way away from Santa Rosa but I think it's one of the finest places to experience nudism. You head North on Highway 1 so be ready to go through a zillion curves to get there. As a point of reference (because it's been years since I lived in CA) the parking area is just about a mile SOUTH of Stinson Beach, so if you get to Stinson you've gone too far.

It's a challenging hike down to the sand with a few cutbacks, and there are usually some rock climbers on the sea stacks nearby. Persevere and you will be treated to one of the prettiest pocket beaches in the area and one of the longest-established nude beaches on the west coast.

There are no amenities so you've gotta bring everything you'll need. The ocean there is wonderful but know that the location is also noteworthy to be part of the red triangle (or it was back in 2004), aka prone to shark-attacks. I only went in to my genitals (hey, there's no bathroom unless you walk a couple hundred yards north to Stinson Beach - where you'll also need a swimsuit -- YUCK!).

Believe me, it's worth the drive and everyone is amazingly friendly. One of the men I met there said he'd been coming to Red Rocks for forty years! I went five times when I lived in Napa and every trip felt more amazing. Lock your car for sure and don't leave anything valuable if you're smart, with some beachgoers speaking of theft. That didn't happen to me. Otherwise, let it all hang out and bring lots of sunscreen. Good luck!

This post was edited

Correction from my last post about Red Rocks beach - the parking area for Red Rocks as you drive NORTH on highway 1 is on the left hand, ocean side of the road. Muir Beach is SOUTH of Red Rocks, not north, sorry! Keep it bare and beautiful!

This post was edited