St. Martin?

Anyone been to St. Martin (French side). I have a trip booked, and Im looking for some advice.

This topic was edited
RE:St. Martin?

We have been to St. Martin many times. What is it you would like to know?

This post was edited

Thank you for offering!

Is it difficult to rent a car there?
Have you made the hike to petite cays?
Is happy bay nude friendly on weekdays?
Is 7 days too long there?
Does the French side really have issues with water and electricity?

This post was edited

We have made the trip to St. Martin 15 times, the last was Feb. 2020, just before the pandemic. Things may have changed sine our last trip, but we have never had trouble renting a car. We did go the Happy Bay on a weekday on our last trip and yes we went nude with many others. Our first trip was 7 days, but we now go for 2 plus weeks. Seven days is really too short considering the long ride to get there.

This post was edited

Weve also been to the French side multiple times, but always stayed at Club Orient before it was destroyed. For a 100% nudist trip to Orient Beach a 7 day trip was perfect. We never rented a car (cabs were fine for what we wanted), but knew others who did without problems. If you are planning on staying at Happy Bay, you will get bored fast. We spent a couple of hours there on a Peggy & Paul nude speedboat tour around the island. We had our lunch (which we brought ashore from the boats) at the little shack at the end of the beach. There were 20 of us, all nude, and maybe 3-4 others on the beach who were nude or at least topless as well. I think it was a weekday when we went but since it wont be very busy it should be nude friendly any time. There are no other amenities on that beach. We tried going to Petites Cayes as well, but the surf was too rough for the boats. Not sure I saw enough there (it really is small) to want to walk over the hill and around the dump to get there by foot.

The French side was hit hardest by hurricane Irma in 2017. They had issues with both water and electricity, but I think both have been restored to pre-Irma levels (other than places like Club O that had their own private systems that have not been rebuilt). Weve only been back once since Irma, for the day on a cruise and went straight to Orient Beach for a nude day on an otherwise textile cruise.

This post was edited

Thank you both.

This post was edited

Wife and I just got back from there 2 weeks ago (went for 1 week). Getting a car isn't hard but just know that the roads are pretty crazy, especially w/ motorcycles flying in and out of cars so be careful. Obviously Orient beach was great but we went to 3 others... Happy Bay, Baie Rouge, Cupocoy Beach. Baie Rouge was the best other than Orient, just go pretty far down the beach to the left (police showed up on the beach one of the 2 days we went there). We actually brought noodles to float on in the water but you can also buy them on the island (makes going in the water easier). If the boat transfer if working. You can also go to Pinel Island (the far east side) and go nude there too. When we went, seaweed shut down the boat ride so we couldn't go. Another option is Plum.Bay beach. Restaurant food is amazing and not too expensive but supermarket food is very expensive. Enjoy your trip.

This post was edited

Thank you. Plum bay, I didnt even see that as an option, cool.

This post was edited