Few things. . . .

Few things are more masculine than facial hair. The only females who grow facial hair are those who have a hormonal imbalance or something other disorder.

Facial hair is masculine. And isn't it interesting that large segments of our society frown on facial hair. That's about as close as you can get to saying there's something wrong with being a man.

Of course, there are other marks of maleness and masculinity. Cock and balls come immediately to mind. Think about this, you're much more likely to see a twat in a movie than you are to see a cock and balls. Even on this site, twats are more acceptable than cocks and balls. Don't believe me? Check out the profile image for this group: Naked On A Deckchair. You can see right up that female's twat. [Edit: I see they finally removed the female twat shots from that group.]

Male pattern baldness is another mark of maleness and masculinity -- yet, men are supposed to be embarrassed about going bald. Hair transplants. Comb-overs. Minoxidil. Spray paint. Anything but let a man just be a man and go bald.

What about substantial upper body strength? Oh, that's different. That's utilitarian. We need strong men to do the things women cannot.

This topic was edited
RE:Few things. . . .

I always admired men with full bushy beards. A man don't seem all that fully manly without one. But for many years I yielded to the social pressure of my mother and another friend older than her to shave. But finally I got tired of dulling razors on my extra heavy facial hair and just decided to stop cutting it off. So i grew a beard of some size. It won't grow real long like some can do. The hair gets 4-5 inches long and breaks and splits on the ends. I don't know what makes it do that. Nutrition perhaps? or genetics? My neighbour's beard does the same thing and he thinks it's because he has a good bit of native American genetics. I have no native american DNA that I am aware of but I'm quite sure there should be several natives in my linage way back, since I have ancestors of many branches going way back into colonial American times. Many coming over from the time of the mayflower on through the 1700's.
It was on a road trip with that other woman friend when I noticed a man riding a motorcycle who had an especially bushy beard, not super long just bushy. And I thought that looked so good I couldn't get it outa my mind until I decided to forget the opinions of the anti bearders and let it grow. I have not found it to keep the breeze from cooling my chin in summer, since the hair is not fine or dense like the top hair is. My head hair is very dense and gets too got in summer if it's left too long, so I let it grow out in the fall over winter some and then get it cut in the spring, like maybe once in March and once in June. Then by the time it's getting cool it's growing out enough to keep my head warmer over winter. That way I don't have to wear a stocking cap near as much.

This post was edited

I quit cutting my beard a few years ago. I quick shaving my head almost two years ago. I just let them grow.

This post was edited

Are you aiming for for the male equivalent of the Lady Godiva look?

This post was edited

I don't know what that means.

This post was edited

Lady Godiva is a legendary woman who rode a horse naked, covered her nudity long hair. Apparently the horse never galloped.
https://octavia.net/the-truth-about-lady-godiva/

As far as beards I see them as a grooming option. Fashion swings: bald faces, bushy pubes one generation; busy faces, bald pubes the next. A few decades beards were considered so countercultural that even Abraham Lincoln could have passed for a hippie. Now beards seem to have made a hipness comeback, some even including Viking-inspired beard jewelry lacking any historical proof. In my 20s I let my beard grow out. It filled in quickly but I shaved it off because my face and head are already oversized, the hairs looked too much like pubes and it was so gray I'd go from getting carded for liquor to answering if I get the senior discount.

This post was edited

Well, I've had a beard for the last fifty years. (I think I might have shaved it off once during that time.)

It's ranged from very bushy to almost nothing (my current state since beards reduce the effectiveness of face masks, which I've used constantly for the last year and a half and will probably continue to use for the foreseeable future. As for my pubes, I keep those trimmed, too.

For me, it's just a matter of not liking how stubble felt on me. It had nothing to do with how masculine I wanted to present myself to the world. But to each his own. Or, in the case of pubic hair, to each his or her own.

This post was edited

Regarding Lady Godiva Look.

I do have a few chest hairs, but the real way I get hair on my chest is to grow in on my chin and let it cover my chest.

The hair on my head now hangs significantly down my back, but, despite its length, there's not much one it. Don't think I'll ever be able to cover up with it.

This post was edited

Personally I think facial hair makes a man look more masculine, I prefer men with facial hair vs clean shaven. My father always had facial hair, he could grow this big thick dense beard and stache. I remember as a boy wanting one so badly. So I started growing mine out. I havent been clean shaven since I was 16 and Im 40 now. I have no desire to ever see my chin or clean shaven face again.

This post was edited

I don't think facial hair equals masculinity but I enjoy it on me and others. I recently cut my beard and now have a stash that I freaking love and now I look like my dad. I enjoy facial hair mostly because I do not have a lot of body hair and tend to look super young if I have no facial hair at all.

This post was edited