Long Distance Nude Boating

There have been several articles that long distance rowers find it more comfortable and efficient to row nude.
Also, on the Kon Tiki transpacific voyage some years ago, it was reported that the crew spent much of the time nude.
While not to this extent, has anyone here been on a long boat trip mostly or exclusively nude?

This topic was edited
RE:Long Distance Nude Boating

I have not yet sailed a long distance, as in an ocean passage, but Ive heard from others that its not uncommon for a crew to go nude or nearly so under the right weather conditions. Its practical too, saving on having to wash clothing for example. And spending at lot of time together in close quarters doesnt leave modesty as a high priority.

This post was edited

My boat has an engine. I am too lazy to row. But...in the spirit of this forum, I drive it naked most of the time.

This post was edited

Heard about salt water spray drying on the cloth creating chafing to long distance rowers. best solution is to just take it all off. Several people living together on a small boat can't hardly have any privacy anyway so it's easy to just drop all the notions of embarrassment and not be concerned about who sees what. When photographers rake pictures they all put something on for the pictures.

This post was edited

Heard about salt water spray drying on the cloth creating chafing to long distance rowers. best solution is to just take it all off. Several people living together on a small boat can't hardly have any privacy anyway so it's easy to just drop all the notions of embarrassment and not be concerned about who sees what. When photographers rake pictures they all put something on for the pictures.

I read that some of the Kon Tiki pictures and film couldn't be used because someone in the camera view forgot put something on.

This post was edited

Might get chilly in some parts, lol.

I assume you meant the rowing because the Kon Tiki voyage was primarily in warm climate.

This post was edited

The exercise keeps ya warm in pretty chilly temps. Stop the work and sit still a little while and it starts feeling chilly.

This post was edited

Always boat nude, so nice feeling the sun and sea breeze all over. Its the only way to sail.

This post was edited

Always boat nude, so nice feeling the sun and sea breeze all over. Its the only way to sail.

Do you have any places where you can launch your boat nude and sail with no clothing on board?

This post was edited